Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

125 breeze wont run need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 125 breeze wont run need help!!

reacently bought a 01 breeze 125 for my wife. Been sitting for couple of years. took it home and rebuilt carb. started and ran good. it died and tried to start it again no luck. had to put a new starter clutch on it. Tried to start it with new clutch and it turns over and wont run. Check spark and good. Adjusted valves to intake .003 and exhaust to .006. Checked compression and had 128 psi. swapped all relays and switches of my daughters breeze and nothing! Cant believe it! Im no mechanic but it seems that everythng is in order. Can anyone please help me or should i just take it to the shop? Thank you very much.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Originally Posted by psilman
reacently bought a 01 breeze 125 for my wife. Been sitting for couple of years. took it home and rebuilt carb. started and ran good. it died and tried to start it again no luck. had to put a new starter clutch on it. Tried to start it with new clutch and it turns over and wont run. Check spark and good. Adjusted valves to intake .003 and exhaust to .006. Checked compression and had 128 psi. swapped all relays and switches of my daughters breeze and nothing! Cant believe it! Im no mechanic but it seems that everythng is in order. Can anyone please help me or should i just take it to the shop? Thank you very much.
Ok, you have several things going for you even though you're not a mechanic.

The Breeze is a very simple engine.

Please take no offence in my suggestions because some of them happened to me.

#1. Is the kill switch on the bars in the on position? (yes I have done this )

#2. Was the fuel turned on after the carb rebuild? (yes I have done this too )

#3. Do you have fuel in the tank? (Yes, yes, yes I have done this too. )

#4. Get some ether and give it a good shot in the air cleaner. See if it starts and runs for a few seconds. If so, you have fuel problems. If it doesn't, you more than likely have spark problems.

Remember, and engine takes fuel, spark and compression, all at the right time to run. Take on one at a time or it gets overwhelming and very frustrating.

Good luck!

Old 08-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

kill switch is on, new gas in tank and its on, also tried starting spray and nothing. when spark is out has really good spark.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Originally Posted by psilman
kill switch is on, new gas in tank and its on, also tried starting spray and nothing. when spark is out has really good spark.
You're missing something or it would run.

What that something is I don't know. When you fix it or have it fixed please come back and tell us so we all can learn.

Good luck!