Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New color plastic for the Raptor !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2001, 12:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fluorescent orange would be nice, and don't forget the optical brightener. O- I forgot to tell ya that I'm a color matcher for a very BIG plastic firm, what kind of material were you thinking about using?
The prime material for getting a opaque look, (translucent) could become very expensive.
I ounce thought about sending some material to a molder for a trial, when I inquired with my boss about it He said that I didn't even want to know how much it would cost. Glow in the dark?? Hmmmm sounds cool but BIG $$$$$$ I wish ya the best of luck in the venture, Need any investors?

Old 04-06-2001, 12:53 PM
Range Rover

I would like white or yellow. These colors seem to show scratches the least.

Old 04-06-2001, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

swytak,

I mean drop the fenders in the rear down more so you can hang off the quad better without hitting the fenders with your A**

Old 04-06-2001, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

translucent colors would be so trick. just think... yamaha blue plastics...but your could see through them! too bad buckshotsoup said they'd be super expensive. the glow in the dark would be ultra trick too but also a lot of money. pure clear would be kinda neet. the chrome or gold plastics would also look ultra trick. i say if your gonna get your own custom plastics get something special. not just normal colors. swytak why don't you respond and say what ideas you like best so far?

Old 04-06-2001, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

PLease never make a raptor in Purple, my God do we still live in the 80's. Kawie Green wouldn't be too good either or Chrome for that matter. Could you imagine the glare off of that with the sun. I say Gray (aluminum) like the cannondale, or red. Good luck.

Old 04-09-2001, 11:56 AM
Trailblazer

make it look like a real rapter with reptile scale green plastics that that look like real scales that would be cool.

Old 04-09-2001, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

I appreciate everyones input regarding this plastics project!

I don't know about the "chrome" plastic. Can you imagine having to clean that thing. I'm unsure if that is going to be a feasable (low cost) way to have new, different colored plasic. Without speaking with them, I can't say what that would cost, but I will look into it!

Translucent is going to be much more expensive than your ordinary, whites, greens, blacks, blues, reds and yellows. I will also look into it!

As of now, they are looking at the photos I provided to them. The next step will be taking my plastic there and getting a "hard quote". From there color and material will be what will drive the cost up. If I can get a reasonable start with a regular color. I will have paid for the mold and can get more exotic with colors when ordering again.

(Just an idea)- what about using a material that would except paint? Having your own custom paint job. (oh well, just an idea) I'll look into this as well.

Thanks again for all the input and I will post back when I get the "hard quote".

Thanks! Swytak

Old 04-10-2001, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

Leave it blue..with bright yellow accents. Like the front grill and the cuts in the rears. didi any one else wait longer for the blue version? I did

Old 04-11-2001, 01:49 AM
Trailblazer

HERE'S ONE.. HOW 'BOUT SOME---TIE-DYE--
MULTI-COLORS..YOU CAN DO IT IN THE TRADITIONAL --TIE-DYE- STYLE OR DO A DISTINCT PATERN BUT THINK HOW TIGHT IT WOULD BE..
OR-----TRANSPARENT BLUE--I LIKE THE IDEA OF THE GREEN ALSO