Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

dyno jet kit sizes

Old 04-10-2001, 05:24 PM
jad
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the dyno jet kit jet sizes are different than normal jet sizes? I heard somewhere that they were. Or is it the differnet needle that make the sizes different.

Old 04-10-2001, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

My GOD, is this forum SLOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only took 10 tries to get this on here.

So anway, to your answer.
The jets and needles are different. Included are 2 pair of springs, one set you need to use and the other is incase you loose the OEM's.

Hope that answers your question.

Old 04-10-2001, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, there is a difference in the sizes, I measured the stock 140 and the dynojet 140 and found .0025" difference. I have installed the DJ kit in my bike and have been fighting it for over a week now. I followed the instructions exactly, and it runs great at an idle and wide open. When I am at about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle it surges and pops, I called the DJ tech line to see if they could help, I think I need to change the pilot jets also, when I asked the guy at DJ he said the pilot is for IDLE only. That was when I knew I was wasting my time. If you are thinking of buying a DJ kit ($87+-), take your money and go to the dealer and get a few jets in each size larger than what you have stock, then go up on the sizes and check the plug.

Old 04-10-2001, 09:40 PM
jad
Range Rover

No I was referring to the numbers on the jet itself

Old 04-10-2001, 09:45 PM
jad
Range Rover

I am sorry to hear that the kit did not work out for you I was hopeing to get this kit to take out all the guess work. I went through hell tring to jet a Scambler. Please let me know what pipe or air box mods you put on your quad and did you get the bugs out yet?

Old 04-10-2001, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

RAPTRRIDER,
I just did the same thing, I followed the directions as it said and the same thing happened. It sputters and runs rough at 1/4 to 3/4 throttle. Actually, I put the recommended jets in, and it ran poorly, then I went down a size and it does it even worse! I don't get it. It's a pain trying to change the jets with out taking everything off. I give up.

Old 04-10-2001, 11:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Jad,

My Raptor is mostly stock, the only thing I have done to the engine is advance the timing (another wast of time and money), and remove the spark arrester in the stock pipe ( to see if that would make a difference ), I am thinking of ordering a curtis sparks complete exhaust, and an air box that a friend of mine is making from Pingry Motorcycles in Tehachapi,Ca., they are also making an oil tank that holds more oil and has cooling holes in it. when I do that I will spend more time again with the jetting, for now I am back to stock (even glued the restrictors back in the air snorkel)I NEED to go riding this weekend.

Old 04-11-2001, 01:30 AM
Range Rover

Acutally I have had very positive results with my DynoJets on my Raptor. I had the dealer installed 146/148 according to the instruction, removed the flaps and all is well for me. I'm at sea level.

Old 04-11-2001, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

thats the thing,everyone you call,pipe companys,ect,all know what jetting to run for SEA LEVEL but they dont have a clue what to run at higher alltitudes.leads me to belive they just care about sand jockeys on the coast.i dont know how many times i ordered a pipe or something and ask what jetting to run and they tell me sea level specs that i already new from reading it on here,even after you tell them you ride around 3500ft.they dont have a clue what to run and most of the time act like they could care less.i thought dyno jet tested there kits?

Old 04-11-2001, 11:33 AM
jad
Range Rover

Bartman, when you installed your Dyno Jet what type of pipe and airbox set up did you have? Are you at sea level?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dyno jet kit sizes