Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

dyno jet kit sizes

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2001, 05:24 PM
jad
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the dyno jet kit jet sizes are different than normal jet sizes? I heard somewhere that they were. Or is it the differnet needle that make the sizes different.

Old 04-10-2001, 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

My GOD, is this forum SLOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only took 10 tries to get this on here.

So anway, to your answer.
The jets and needles are different. Included are 2 pair of springs, one set you need to use and the other is incase you loose the OEM's.

Hope that answers your question.

Old 04-10-2001, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes, there is a difference in the sizes, I measured the stock 140 and the dynojet 140 and found .0025" difference. I have installed the DJ kit in my bike and have been fighting it for over a week now. I followed the instructions exactly, and it runs great at an idle and wide open. When I am at about 1/4 to 1/2 throttle it surges and pops, I called the DJ tech line to see if they could help, I think I need to change the pilot jets also, when I asked the guy at DJ he said the pilot is for IDLE only. That was when I knew I was wasting my time. If you are thinking of buying a DJ kit ($87+-), take your money and go to the dealer and get a few jets in each size larger than what you have stock, then go up on the sizes and check the plug.

Old 04-10-2001, 09:40 PM
jad
Range Rover

No I was referring to the numbers on the jet itself

Old 04-10-2001, 09:45 PM
jad
Range Rover

I am sorry to hear that the kit did not work out for you I was hopeing to get this kit to take out all the guess work. I went through hell tring to jet a Scambler. Please let me know what pipe or air box mods you put on your quad and did you get the bugs out yet?

Old 04-10-2001, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

RAPTRRIDER,
I just did the same thing, I followed the directions as it said and the same thing happened. It sputters and runs rough at 1/4 to 3/4 throttle. Actually, I put the recommended jets in, and it ran poorly, then I went down a size and it does it even worse! I don't get it. It's a pain trying to change the jets with out taking everything off. I give up.

Old 04-10-2001, 11:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Jad,

My Raptor is mostly stock, the only thing I have done to the engine is advance the timing (another wast of time and money), and remove the spark arrester in the stock pipe ( to see if that would make a difference ), I am thinking of ordering a curtis sparks complete exhaust, and an air box that a friend of mine is making from Pingry Motorcycles in Tehachapi,Ca., they are also making an oil tank that holds more oil and has cooling holes in it. when I do that I will spend more time again with the jetting, for now I am back to stock (even glued the restrictors back in the air snorkel)I NEED to go riding this weekend.

Old 04-11-2001, 01:30 AM
Range Rover

Acutally I have had very positive results with my DynoJets on my Raptor. I had the dealer installed 146/148 according to the instruction, removed the flaps and all is well for me. I'm at sea level.

Old 04-11-2001, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

thats the thing,everyone you call,pipe companys,ect,all know what jetting to run for SEA LEVEL but they dont have a clue what to run at higher alltitudes.leads me to belive they just care about sand jockeys on the coast.i dont know how many times i ordered a pipe or something and ask what jetting to run and they tell me sea level specs that i already new from reading it on here,even after you tell them you ride around 3500ft.they dont have a clue what to run and most of the time act like they could care less.i thought dyno jet tested there kits?

Old 04-11-2001, 11:33 AM
jad
Range Rover

Bartman, when you installed your Dyno Jet what type of pipe and airbox set up did you have? Are you at sea level?

Quick Reply: dyno jet kit sizes