Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster kickstarter Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 09:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nah, not the machine, just the kickstarter...get it? got it...gooooodd...

Old 04-17-2001, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Grow up, theres no reason to be rude, in case you diddnt notice the people were attempting to help you, good luck now..

Old 04-17-2001, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Yep...I bet all the rude comments really helped you get it fixed?
While your trying to be rude...you should realize that the kick starter on the Blaster has got to be one of the easiest repairs that could be done to the blaster.
I was about to tell you what your doing wrong.But I think you should stop and think about it for a bit first.
Good day.

Old 04-17-2001, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

There are just too many people in this forum that only want to blast other quads just because.....because (Will let you think of the reason for yourself)
When a person asks questions they are honestly looking for help...then some dolt just has to shoot down their quad and then it all starts going down hill. If you're not going to post something helpful or encouraging...THEN DON'T POST AT ALL!! Frankly we don't give a @#$% which bike you think sucks. Remembmer it only takes a few to ruin a good thing.

Suzuki28 next time anyone says something you don't like just ignore them...don't drop yourself down to their level because it just makes you look bad. And don't shoot down a brand name just because you're having problems and then expect people who like that particular brand to jump up and help you. Cause you'll have a long wait bro.

And the rest, remember he's only 15 and still has alot of maturing to do. Lets set a good example.

Lets all be helpful and respect other peoples preferences...if there was only one quad...wouldn't the sport suck?

Just my thoughts.

Old 04-17-2001, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer

Polaris is ***... Honda is ***.... Only Good Companies 1. Yamaha Racing 2. Kawasaki Racing 3. Suzki Racing... etc.. Now everyone shut up and Play Nice

Old 04-17-2001, 08:28 PM
Range Rover

First of all, the ONLY comment that was meant to be taken rudely was the one to warriorkiller, And for that I am sorry. Second, Jim, Im not saying that its not an easy repair, just that no one seems to have the answer. I have taken it to a very good shop in the area, and they could not figure the problem. If you have the answer, great, if you have it and dont feel like sharing, thats fine also. Good day to you too, and Happy Riding.

*DISCLAIMERS NOTICE* None of the comments made here were meant to be taken in a offensive, rude, or crude manor, But for the benefit of others.

Old 04-17-2001, 08:28 PM
Range Rover

Oh, and I was never bashing a machine, I love my yamaha, merely bashing the design of the kickstarter.

Old 04-17-2001, 08:30 PM
Range Rover

double post.

Old 04-18-2001, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

My Blaster had the same problem for some time...It would not return.
For me, the hole that the spring hooks into was elongated....My dealer did not find it either.
Take off the side cover again and fill the spring retaining hole with JB weld (let it set for some time before reassembly). Then drill the hole to the same size as the spring. turn the spring once around before putting it back together. To date...the JB weld has not come loose (for all the sceptics out there) after 2 years...and the spring is not coming free. If you question the use of jb weld...have someone drop some solder or a weld in there for you.
It is very easy to knock the spring back off while putting the side cover back on...It takes a few times to figure out where and when to apply pressure. Just take your time. It is fixable.
If I was closer...I would take the time to make sure it was fixed for you.
I have worked on a ton of blasters...they get ridden hard...and often beat up pretty bad. Fixing the simple things are often the most difficult. Just make sure you do not try to push the kick starter down until you have the side cover secured tightly and the JB weld is dry.
This may or may not be your problem...The spring itself could be bent at an angle that is allowing it to slip...Or you just might have forgot to wrap the spring once to get some pressure started.. Do not give up...you will feel much better if you fix the problem yourself.

Old 04-18-2001, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had about the same prob on my 2000 blaster when i put the oil injection block off on. first i broke the spring then when putting the spring in i broke the white plastic spacer type guy inside the spring, unknowingly to me so i put it all back together to find the kicker still not working. and to find that white thing broke, a $7 item my dealer still hasn;t gotten in so i jb welded the broken side and drilled a new notch in the opposite side and it works great thus far. that was my prob you might wanna check that.

Quick Reply: Blaster kickstarter Question