Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor's are for ladies and children

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001 | 11:14 AM
Trailblazer

Hey, I will not get into this kind of discussion.
It is just a matter of opinions. Mine is that the DS is better. Where I ride (fast tracks), a raptor don't have a chance against DS or banshees.
If you ride in tight woods raptors and hondas are better. But that doesn't make any of these quads a piece of crap.
90% of threads in this forums are like "mine is better than yours" stuff. That is so annoying. The problem is that everyone is so convinced that they're right that aren't even reasonable. Geezz

Old 04-17-2001 | 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

LOL! You gotta admire that kind of dogged brand loyalty. As if if Ford, Chevy, Yamaha, Bombardier, or Hazbro for that matter give a ratt's butt about any of you, or me. Get real. Buy and ride what you want but spare us the company identity worship.

Old 04-17-2001 | 12:00 PM
Range Rover

suzuki28
Ok, he is right except for the Ford part.

Old 04-17-2001 | 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

As far as I'm concerned I push the start button and I hear verrrroommmm...I'm happy. I don't give a rat's a** what anyone else drives or who thinks what's better. But I do enjoy reading your posts where you all bicker about who's is better and why. Keep on fighting so I can keep on laughing.

Old 04-17-2001 | 12:37 PM
Range Rover

DS650.......does anyone really know what the "DS" stands for???? I think it is "Dog S**t"650.....but I could be wrong....you never know.... :-)

Old 04-17-2001 | 04:25 PM
Trailblazer

He is right.. Ford is Better Then Chevy... Just like Yamaha Is Better then Bombardier!

Old 04-17-2001 | 07:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh yeah,and my mom will beat up your mom(sarcasim)!This is the most immature message board around,its always bashing and mine is better than yours,just dont respond to post like this,the guy just wants to get a rise from you all,dont let him win.

Old 04-17-2001 | 09:21 PM
Range Rover

Thats funny. Thats the part i KNOW hes right about....

Old 04-18-2001 | 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

ohyeah bomadier don't they make the ROATX engine.. yeah i remember that engine..i had one on my ATK 406..yeah what a great bike..TILL THE PISTON BLEW UP into a trillion little pieces that only the top crown was left ripping chunks INSIDE THE CASES LIKE A SMALL NUCLEAR BOMB destroying the engine beyond repair..yeah i would definlty bike a rotax again...sure sure....best investment

NOTTTT!!!!!

Old 04-18-2001 | 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

I am getting a Raptor for my 80 lb. 12 year old son. I rode one and liked it. Though my boy hasn't ridden one yet, he rides my DS just fine.
I think the lighter weight and reverse would be better for him, because he couldn't turn the DS (or a 400EX) around in a lot of spots out here without help.
I really like both quads, they are pretty different. I think the Raptor has an advantage in its weight and reverse, same reasons it is right for my son. You can't shed weight easily, or add reverse. Both these quads need sorting out in the handling and suspension departments. Like better shocks, Timmy boy A-arms etc. But that is all very possible, in fact, strangely encouraged.
These quads are the best the industry has to offer so far. I am looking forward to better quads yet to come.
The 650/660 cc engines really light up.
With a little work they are both great rides. Neither is set up right, stock, for anybody or anything. But they are both a hell of a good place to start. Now about that nitro banshee for my wife......

Quick Reply: Raptor's are for ladies and children