Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YAMAHA For a VIRGIN

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 01:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by virgin
Hello everyone !

I would like to start from the beginning. First of all I'm Tomas and I'm from small country in EU - Lithuania. I was dreaming about a quad since I first time encountered with it , I was 10 years old back those days ( currently I'm 20) . However, I never had a possibility to buy one for my self, luckily, today I said fSpam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word *k it , I have three months to buy it and i will do it. Then the real problems ocured, first of all I have to choose a model , I have to find a used one in a good condition and buy it without overtaking my budget (approx. 3000usd ) . It might look not a lot, but in my country it is a really decent amount of money for an atv ( especially for a 400 - 450cc ) . Now what I want to ask here is what do you GUYS suggest me ? Ofc Im talking about YFZ 450r vs Raptor 700. I know that Raptor is going to be more expensive , BUT, my friend had almost new Raptor for about 6-7 years and he said that the only thing he changed in that time of period was oils, filters and tyres. He said that Raptors are VERY reliable, they are powerful, fast and extremely comfortable. Now what about 450r, people say to me that it runs just for some moto hours and that after that you have to change cylinders, pistons and rings.. Also , that they are just for tracks and not as comfortable as Raptors. My priorities are trail riding, forest riding and I want to invest as less as possible. What do you think ? Is it true that driving YFZ450r is much more expensive than raptor , that it requires much more money to exploit it , that it is less comfortable, reliable ? So maybe then it is better idea to pay a bit more and practically do nothing else, than pay less amount of money , pick YFZ450 and then spend and spend money on its maintenance ? Or maybe you are going to suggest me another option not yfz nor raptor. I really need your help, thank you !
myself i think i would grab a warrior but if a raptor is what you like thats u man its a good choice. Im more of 4 stroke 4x4 off roadin type This is my choice its rough and fast not like what your looking at i hold the override in and get 73 mph but im more of a mudder lol what ever you chose just be safe and wear a helmet.