Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Tire Recommendations for 2003 Yamaha Grizzly 660

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 02:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Yes, we sell few Bighorns because of the cost. Oddly, we found out about them as they were fitted as standard on a TGB Blade we bought new. The Blade was always breaking down, but the tyres never wore, and gripped well.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got my new CTX tires mounted on my Grizzly today. I took the Grizzly on a short ride down the road about 1/2 mile and then back to the house. The tires rode very smooth up to 31 mph, the fastest I drove it. I have the tires at 5# each. First impression, great tires!

Old 08-23-2017, 09:54 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those Artrax CTX radials look like a knock off of the Bighorn radial, ... for half the price. Have you got them yet? If so, what do you think about them so far? It will be interesting to see how they wear. People are saying Bighorns wear well, but I'm seeing rapid wear on the Bighorns that came as standard equipment on my Maverick X3. Only 500 miles, and the rear tire ***** are seriously rounding off. That may have more to do with 154 horsepower constantly spinning the tires than it does with the tires though.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've also got the ITP mudlite xtr's and they are some real grippers and very durable. Maybe not the best choice for pavement riding and if you turn short in the front yard with the posi traction they bark up the lawn pretty good. I'm 70 also but that don't stop me from muddin out there.