Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha financing(HRS) strikes again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 01:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to put this back up,but I promised HRS that I would tell everyone I knew that they suck. I saw that other people were having trouble with HRS charging late fees no matter when the payment was sent in and it made me wonder about my first late fee. Well,I got another one yesterday. I sent this one in a week ahead. I live in Tennessee and they are in Illinois so I know it couldnt take more than three days to get there. I was furious to say the least so I called them up. The lady was rude and "non-interested". She just kept saying,"Sir,you didnt send it in early enough". I said well thats funny because according to your bill date, I got your bill in 3 days. She confirmed the day that my bill went out and sure enough it took 3 days. I told them that they were doing bad business and I was going to report them to the Better Business Bureau plus I was going to tell everyone I knew and that I would be paying it off in full next month. I also told them that if they ever sent me anything else in the mail that it was going straight in the friggin' trash. People they really do suck, please stay away from them for your own good. Too many people are having the same problem.

Old 04-19-2001, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

Well,just for kicks I'll tell you that my wife had made two payments on my buggy and they we're both WELL in advance of the date(like 2weeks)and they hit me with the same BS.We finally said Screw it and went to our local bank and got the $ to pay those bas%^rds off...and yamaha's new promo right now is "1 dollar a day" HA thats a friggin joke! By the time I had made 6 payments my balance was more that what i had originally borrowed!!! #@$%&*()*^#@@$^%*(

Old 04-19-2001, 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

Why would you guys go through Yamaha for financing in the first place? I think you will get much better rates on a personal or other loan from your own bank. Credit Unions are usually low.
My dealer was pretty honest with me...and steered me away from financing with suzuki for the last bike I bought.(drz)
I hope you straiten it out ...too many marks (regardless of fault), and your looking at a bad credit rating.
Now you want to talk about a rip off....My buddy went out and applied for a discover card....took a 5000 cash advance on it..Bought a bike, and is now paying 23% interest on it. It's all good if you can pay it right off in a month...But he can't. That loan will be with him for a while.
Any of you that have credit cards know all about the interest rates.

Old 04-19-2001, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

one thing I never do is cash advance a credit card..if he had just paid for the bike with the card and not took cash against it it would be more like 19% and he'd still be paying for the bike for a long time....usually the credit union will only give you another credit card for loans under 5 grand but im only paying 11% for 3years VS HRS at 21% for five or more years.

Old 04-19-2001, 03:10 PM
Trailblazer

Well,I can tell you why I went through Yamaha. I was in the process of selling my extra truck but had not yet sold it. The Raptor was in and I knew it wouldnt last long so I went with yamaha because it was 13% interest for 2 years with a minimum payment of $109 a month. I knew that when I sold the truck I could pay it off and if I didnt have the extra money until then I could make the minimum payment. I could have gotten a loan at 10% but payments were around $200. The kicker is I have been paying $200 anyway. Oh well,
the truck is sold and the check is in the mail.

Old 04-19-2001, 07:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

dont even get me started on those *******s, do what i did and transfer it to your credit card, my credit card gave me a 6%interest on the transfer untill its paid off. and no its not double cycle billing or anything like that and best of all i now have the title to my 2000 grizz and i still owe 4k on it.. hrs are a bunch of crooks!!!!!!! the card is citibank...

Old 04-20-2001, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer

i just ordered a new viper [snowmobile] and i went through yamaha credit because they offered me no intrest or paymeant's until feb. 2002 it sounded like a good deal until i saw this post.i had no intention's of staying with them after they started charging me intrest but sound's to me like i might be in for alot of headaches. thank's to digs when my sled comes in sept. i'm just going to write them a check and be done with it.
99 grizzly
02 viper

Old 04-20-2001, 09:24 PM
jdm
Trailblazer

HRS did that to me also. I called them and they said as a courtesy they would cancel the late charges 1 time only. So I said if mailing my bill 2 weeks in advance (the same day I receive it) isn't good enough then you better send me my bill earlier and if this happens again I will pay it off the following month. So last month's statement shows receiving my payment 3 day's after I mailed it. Something strange goin on

Old 04-22-2001, 01:36 AM
Range Rover

I have the same late charge problem and have called them a few times. They are = to nothing. Even a regular installement loan at a finance company has a late charge on it, but you have to be 10 days padt the due date for it to take effect and the its definately not $29.00

Old 04-29-2001, 04:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I Have dealt with HRS for 3 years, Can't wait till its over

ps. Service Charges is where they make their real $$$

Quick Reply: Yamaha financing(HRS) strikes again!