Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2003 Yamaha bear tracker 250 no spark please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2003 Yamaha bear tracker 250 no spark please help

I got a 2003 Yamaha bear tracker 250 I got from my father it was sitting bout yr or 2 he tried starting it no fire he replaced the coil when I got I replaced the cdi box the stator and pick-up coil and another coil checked all wires connectors and nothing is bad only thing that I haven't changed is the rectifier I don't think that would cause no fire can anyone help any ideas I'm tired of putting money into if for nothing

Old 12-05-2017, 04:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

First off, you refer to "no fire" are you checking for a spark every time you change something? Did you get the manual, and do the ignition circuit tests before changing things? On Honda 450s a faulty regulator will almost always kill the spark, but I haven't come across this on any other make/model. Could be worth disconnecting it and checking if the spark comes back.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default No spark

Yes it has no spark I've tried everything I could think of I have replaced everything ecept the rectifier I know it' not neutral switch kill switch,ignition,cdi,stator, coil pick up, coil,plug,wire,and wiring harness the bike was completely factory ecept the ignition keyswitch and it has ran for yrs like it was always fired up no problems ecept maybe dead batt then one day went to start and nothing would start checked and no spark been trying to figure it out every since

Old 12-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default No spark

Yes it has no spark I've tried everything I could think of I have replaced everything ecept the rectifier I know it' not neutral switch kill switch,ignition,cdi,stator, coil pick up, coil,plug,wire,and wiring harness the bike was completely factory ecept the ignition keyswitch and it has ran for yrs like it was always fired up no problems ecept maybe dead batt then one day went to start and nothing would start checked and no spark been trying to figure it out every since