Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Instelled JTM Swingarm today.Man, what a difference.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2001, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As many of you Raptor owners have found out,launching the 660 on any surface that half way grips is a chore since it is so hard to break the tires loose. I installed the JTM +4.5 swingarm today and I can now fry the tires on asphalt and it launches so much cleaner on hardpack. Powerslides are almost effortless also. I dont know if this setup would be to long for trail riding but it does not seem to be excessive at all.I know it rocks for drag racing and duneing now.I installed the complete kit in less than 2 hours and it went together very eaisly. I raced my friend on his Raptor and another friend on a piped Shee (both on asphalt) and I destroyed them out of the hole. All you have to do is lean forward just a little and dump it, it spins a little then it is gone, and you dont have to worry about keeping the front end down. Unless you are a serious trail rider I would highly suggest a longer swingarm. Now it handles like I wanted it to when I bought it. Anyone else have a extended swingarm on thier Raptor? Can you break the tires loose on asphalt with yours. I have yet to hit any jumps,what can I expect?

Old 04-25-2001, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds cool. I assume you had to get a longer chain?? And are you running a stock axle?? I have a stock setup with Sand Skate II's and it does not slide very well.

scott