Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

01 yamaha warrior 350 help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2021, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 yamaha warrior 350 help

Hey y'all I got a 01 warrior I have trouble getting started everything has been replaced on the top end big bored .40 over new piston and rings had a valve job done it's been ported new kibble valves and springs with multi angle cut new cam chain and tensioner carbs been rebuilt deep cleaned jetted cam inspected lobes measures in speck but it won't start keeps back firring through the carb it seems like its not getting gas to the cylinder when I pull the plug can't smell any gas on it but carbs perfect leak down tested only 3 percent loss witch is really good 180 psi compression running 93 octane I dont have a high compression piston in it stator is good getting spark everything measure right replaced the pick up coil with a ricks stator one reads at 520 ohms in speck new ignition coil to cam timming is on the mark have it on the compression stroke tdc with valves closed with play in the rockers though I noticed the exhaust valve rocker has some up and down play I know side to side is normal valves adjusted to speck k&n filter remapped cdi when I first bought it and tried to start It knocked and wouldn't start so I freaked out though it was a bad rod bearing buts its fine checked that no up and down play it all checks out oh and the one way is good checked the flywheel key is not sheared I really need advice I heard it run when I first got it he had to bump start it but I when I tried to electric start I knocked sorry for long post I'm really having trouble with this thing everything seems good starter kinda feels like it's not spinning fast enough but I don't think that would cause to back fire through the carb and I got a new battery putting out 12.80 volts and all the safety switches have been by passed I'm so lost please help oh and checked for air leaks in intake that's good new o rings for the carb and intake

Old 03-15-2021, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

when you cleaned the carb did you take the pilot jet out and run a wire through it to make sure its completely open?

Old 03-16-2021, 08:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ya I did cleaned every passage with a sewing needle and carb cleaner and compressed air rebuilt carb re jetted rebuilt accelerator pump going to try some bigger pilot jets when. They come in also noticed the idle gear is stuck to the one way can't get it apart was working fine when I first checked can't get the idle gear to turn I know it only spins one way but it won't even turn that way I'm going to replace all that and a new starter and wooddruff key when I try to start it seems fine just won't fire up and when I hit the throttle to try and get her going that's when it starts back firing through the carb checked multiple times for air leaks all new o rings 3 percent loss on leak down test at tdc on compression stroke both valves closed did the test a few times just to be sure 180 psi compression witch seems high compared clymer manual when I first got it I compression tested it and it was at 150 psi with the stock piston and that looked good when I checked it not a whole lot of carbon at that time when. I pulled the head but it's been big bored now and ported now. I'm wondering if someone milled the head before and if that's the case would it affect cam timming or would the starter not spinning fast enough cause a problem idk I follow every direction to a tee on my clymer constantly double and triple checking myself I'm very meticulous