Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Frigin Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2001, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend just bought a 98' banshee it was like brand new no scrathes nothing great shape and he got it for only 3600. Well he makes his first payment this month. but acouple nights ago some worthless low life a$$ holes decided they wanted it and took it right out of the back of h is truck in the middle of the night. We are gonna go to the dealers and have them keep an eye out. is there anything else we can do. besides wish they the APD finds it.
thanks

Old 05-06-2001, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Does he have insurance on the bike?? If not looks like he will be paying for something he isnt gonna ever see again. Thats why I never keep mine in the truck over night.. Not the smartest thing to do in most cases.

Old 05-06-2001, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

They did this on a Military Base? If so the guards on the gate need to have an article 15 thrown at them. Unless it was some other Airman, then there is no excuse for one GI stealing from another GI. In the Navy we had ways of dealing with thieves. They became very clumsy when they were caught, something akin to falling down several ladders on the way to the powers that be. It's amazing how akward one gets after being caught as a crook. Good luck to your friend, I hope they catch the bassturds.

Old 05-06-2001, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

You can always do a little investigating of your own, chances are its somebody near-by that took it, it could have been a passer by or something but more likley a neibor or somebody thats had the chance to see it a couple times and scope out the situation... Anyways its worth a try? Alot of times they'll stash it and come back for it later, you might want to check all around the neiborhood for tracks, they roost all over the place if you can find any of the tracks chances are you can follow them?? Of corse that wont work if they used a truck... but its worth a try... Good luck, hopefully you find it.. If only everybody followed the golden rule...

Old 05-06-2001, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

Man that sucks.You guys could do what a guy here did.He found out who stole his blaster and went and beat the guy up real bad.He went to jail and when he got out he went back and beat the guy up again.But the point of the whole story is that he got his blaster back and hopefully the thief won't steal again.Well i really hope you guys get it back.I know how i would feel if i had to pay on something that i couldn't ride.

Old 05-07-2001, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

Option 1...IMMEDIATELY GO TO THE INSURANCE AGENT THAT INSURES THE TRUCK !!!!!!!!!
Most insurance companies in the US have a 30 day grace period for "newly acquired vehicles". Basically they will insure a new vehicle for 30 days even without you actually buying the policy. If you have had the vehicle [atv in this case] 31 days or more when it was stolen, you are on your own. Get a police report! since this shows the date of loss.
Option 2...You may also be able to say that it was personal property in the vehicle that was stolen and have it covered that way. [it's a long shot]
Option 3...If he is a home owner, his "belongings" MAY be covered by his homeowners insurance while they are in his vehicle. For example most auto policies cover only the things attached to your car, so if your leather jacket and your groceries and your gym bag are taken they would be covered under your homeowners [or even renters] policy.
GET ON THIS RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The longer you wait the more suspicious it looks that you took so long to inquire. Have all of your documents ready [payment book, pics of you on it, police report, even withdrawl slip from the bank for the deposit] and have cash in hand to PURCHASE the policy! If your agent says they don't have a grace period then ask for the claims department phone number. If you have to call there, talk to someone about your situation and they will tell you for sure if coverage applies. If they say no then go huntin' cause that's the only way to get your quad back :-(
Let us know how it turns out.

Old 05-07-2001, 01:26 PM
Trailblazer

thanks alot guys we are getting all over this. we will keep you in formed
thanks again

Old 05-07-2001, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

I feel for...It stinks that people will do that to another...But in todays world.
I know it's too late for this...But I just bought a new house. I figured...moving to the country would solve all my problems..wrong. Came home the other day to find my garage side door all smashed in... But guess what..all my machines were still there. When I lived in the city...I went to the local farm and country center and bought some chain from them. 14 feet to be exact.
The salesman hated me...He had to call out back and they brought a hydrolic press out to get the stuff off the roll. There is no way that any thief is gonna cut this stuff without a press or some other industrial way of cutting. I had to pull my truck up to the front door to carry it out. I felt like mister "T" with all that chain hangine off my shoulder There were nicks on the chain where they (thiefs) tried to get it apart.(they ever tried my own ax) Nope. they must have left very unhappy. well not empty handed though. They did take the tether off my banshee. I guess they figured If they can't ride..neither can I. I have since put a time lapse camera in the upper corner of the garage...with a little sign that says smile
I hope to keep the wheelers around a while.

PS: the chain cost me a hundred dollars for the 14ft. length..But I feel it was money well spent.The lock cost around $40...I bought it from a local safe and lock store...they guaranteed it could not be cut. Just do not loose the keys.

again.sorry for your loss. I drive around and see people that leave their wheelers/bikes right in the front yard all night long...I get to thinking why? lock it up.