Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Beware of thieves this time of year

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of thieves this time of year

I just read in the Cincinnati paper that across the river in Kentucky some thieves cut the padlock off a guys barn and took all 7 of his atvs plus 1 dirt bike. The cops figure they pulled up a trailer across the road from the guys barn and then rolled them across the road to load them up. All the quads were 2000 models or newer except for one '86 so the guy had some cash sunk into them. Just keep an eye on your rides because there are thieves everywhere these days just waiting to take what what you have worked hard for.

Also if you're like me and drive a pickup truck beware of scumbag theives sitting in parking lots waiting for a pickup truck full of packages to be left unattended. A number of years ago after a night of Christmas shopping for my gifts for my wife I had one more stop to make.
I parked my truck right up by the front door of the store under the parking lot light where I thought it would be ok. I locked the doors and ran inside for 5 minutes tops. When I came out the passenger window was smashed and all the gifts were gone. This was at a time when I was young and just scraping by each week and money was scarce. I drove an old beater pickup truck so it was obvious I wasn't exactly a high roller. Thieves don't care if you're rich or poor, they just want to get their hands on your hard earned belongings. I view anyone that would steal what doesn't belong to them as dog crap on the bottom of my boot.
Anyway enjoy your holidays but just be wary at the same time, because not everyone out there wants to pay for their Christmas goodies.

Old 12-17-2002, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Crawdad

I view anyone that would steal what doesn't belong to them as dog crap on the bottom of my boot.

exactly my thoughs. i just got 4 minniow traps stolen no big deal 40 bucks tops but still its the whole idea of it.
now i gotta buy bait for this winter.
they better hope i don't find out who did it.... lol

Old 12-17-2002, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

A polaris dealership in Forney, Texas was broken in to this past weeekend. They got away with about 6 ATV's still in there create's. And 1 of them fell off of the truck or trailer & was found on the side of the road in Mesquite, Texas. I heard that they were sportsman, so if any one see a deal thats to good or has no serial #'s it's stolen! It always seems to get bad every year @ X-mas with stuff gettin stolen. It bums out to think of honest people having there hard earned money stolen! Every body have a very marry chirstmas!

Old 12-21-2002, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Brave enough to steal ?

Brave enough to get shot ......

I have been the victim of theft a few times .

Old 12-21-2002, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

yea. a couple of weeks ago i was sitin in my truck letin warm up to go to work. and this jeep cherokie pulls into my drive way. (and it was dark out) I sat there and waited to see what was goin on. after 5 min the guy gets out and starts walkin around. so i get out nad said who the hell are, and he ran back to his car and pealed away.

every body around my neighborhood knows that i have 5 wheelers and 2 snowmobiles,, and im getin worryed.

Old 12-22-2002, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

I posted on this a while back,but some creep had broken into the garage and got my atv out.If they had not tried to get the car,they would have gotten away.The alarm went off.So Dad and I run outside in our skivvies and fire a friendly shot with Garand to let them know what the deal is. They promptly dissappeared in the woods. I hope the hogs got 'em.

Old 12-22-2002, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

yeah biggin, if you stumnle across some bones next spring you'll know justice was served! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-22-2002, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

I think the biggest thing I ever stole was a candy bar at a gas station! if some one ever tried to steal one of my 4wheelers I would bust out the 243semi auto, and borrow my uncles quad and drive around the area and pits,trails, ect ect until I found it!

Old 12-22-2002, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Just last week I was sitting around the house my sister had my truck b/c her car was in the shop, my mom and dad were at the bar, so their weren't any cars in the driveway. We live right off a pretty busy highway, it was about 11:00 at night and this group of guys come flying up my lane in 2 trucks looked like they were on a mission. The first truck a bunch of guys jump out of and attempt to break into my shead while the other was backing up to it. I keep my Mossberg 835 12g under my bed with shells in the drawer. I poped 2 shells in it and shot in the air and these guys took off like hell, when my dad got home he wanted to call the cops, but there wasn't a reason too nothing got stolen