Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

need help, to people w/experience jetting banshees

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, good luck to you. Jetting can be a real pain sometimes. While you're digging around make sure you didn't put anything in wrong like reversing the right and left slides (common problem if you had both carbs apart at the same time).

I wish I had a tip for those cables but I don't; they're not much fun. One tip I do have though is to make sure that you put the "thing" that holds the needle in and the cable attaches to is in correctly. There is a squarish hole that lines up with a round hole in your slides. That is to let the air flow back and forth when the slide goes up and down. Make sure the holes are lined up. Honestly, if it is really stuttering very much at all I would go a full needle clip position to save some time.

I'm outta here, gotta get up early to hit the dunes tomorrow.

Old 05-13-2001, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

I just got email back from toomey.

he said to make sure I put in the vents on top of the air box correctely, and to try running no lid. I am going to put in my old K&N w/no lid and see what happens. If that is the fix I will run no lid forever, just have to clean the airfilter more.

My dad won't let me start it up today, so I am going to have to wait until Monday. I will tell you if the no-lid solves my problem.

Old 05-13-2001, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

If you set the needles 4th clip from the top meaning flat part you are to rich. Correct me if I am wrong but there is 5 notches. Try 2 or 3 clip from the top(flat part). That should help you out some with the sputtering before the power band. Just check your plugs. By removing the lid all the way it will help, the way your needles are right now(4th clip) but your main is probably going to be lean. Move the clip position to 2-3 and it should run alot better.

Old 05-13-2001, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

i would just like to say thanks to all you have helped me, it is now running perfect.

my dad let me take it around the yard today. i took the lid off, let it warm up, and it is perfect. pulls hard and never signs off in the hi-revs. it now screams how it should have. i took it on the street and got it up to 3rd no problems. i will have to take it on the trails to see how 6th gear does.

i then drilled 2 holes in the white plastic thing and 2 in the airbox and bolted the white plastic thing to my airbox and clamped the uni on to it like a pro flow setup. i am running no lid forever since it runs so good this way.

here are my current jet settings, 270 mains, 25pilots, 4th clip on the needle, 1 and 1/2 out on the air screws.

i am going to try the 280 mains again when i have time, i think now it might just work with them. talk to you soon.

thank you again,
brent