Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The forum may soon have to add one more manufacturer to there list Harley Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 08:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine who works at the Harley Davidson plant in York Pa. told me that the guys at Harley are looking into the feasability of building ATV,s. Wow wouldn,t that be interesting. Lets here what you think guys. It might be nice to have a true American legend thumping around the trails. The environatzi,s will have a hey day with that. It wouldnt be hard to find your way home all you would have to do is follow the oil trail back home. Just kidding Harley has made huge improvements over the years and I am sure there quads would be second to none.

HAMBONE!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2001, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

I like Harleys but would sooner buy a Japan imitation, because it is cheaper and more reliable. And like they say "Ride a Harley, ride the best, ride a mile and walk the rest!" I love American vehicles, for cars and trucks we only buy Ford or Chevy, but for quads the Japs rule.

Old 05-13-2001, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

i agree, if they made one it would cost $12,000 cause its a "harly". it would vibrate alot too. i dont think it would be feesable for them.

later
jon

Old 05-13-2001, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Lede you have a 700 POlaris waiting for you to take delivery????LOL

What a joke. Have they even announced that it is final that it is that bike that is coming out?

Old 05-13-2001, 11:25 PM
Range Rover

Hmmm...I'm forming a picture in my imagination of what a H-D atv would look like. Lots of chrome and leather? Could be interesting.

Old 05-13-2001, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

ROFLMAO. Harley making quads haha. Will they call it the Bolt Thrower?

Old 05-14-2001, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

I would not have a Harley if you gave it to me! They need to put some mufflers of some sort on that piece of ****! They should be outlawed for being too loud!
I hate it when the drunk harley a$$holes leave the bar and come by my house and rattle my windows at 2:00am, and then sit at the red light and just rev the he!! out of it until the light turns green. Those guys are soo stupid, they don't even know that to "free rev" a motor is the worst thing you can do to destroy it. With no load on the crank, they are just rattling the bearings right out of it.
They are not fast, not comfortable, vibrate like he!!, not smooth.....they are American made and that's all they have going for them! I hate to go off on a tangent, but how would they feel if I brought my 700hp race car over and sat in front of thier house at 2:00am and revved the motor until thier family was up and the dog was barking? They don't think about that.
That's another thing, these pipes on these atv's are giving us a bad name because we are bothering people, and I don't blame them. Some of these pipes are waaaayy too LOUD!

Old 05-14-2001, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

I would not have a Harley if you gave it to me! They need to put some mufflers of some sort on that piece of ****! They should be outlawed for being too loud!
I hate it when the drunk harley a$$holes leave the bar and come by my house and rattle my windows at 2:00am, and then sit at the red light and just rev the he!! out of it until the light turns green. Those guys are soo stupid, they don't even know that to "free rev" a motor is the worst thing you can do to destroy it. With no load on the crank, they are just rattling the bearings right out of it.
They are not fast, not comfortable, vibrate like he!!, not smooth.....they are American made and that's all they have going for them! I hate to go off on a tangent, but how would they feel if I brought my 700hp race car over and sat in front of thier house at 2:00am and revved the motor until thier family was up and the dog was barking? They don't think about that.
That's another thing, these pipes on these atv's are giving us a bad name because we are bothering people, and I don't blame them. Some of these pipes are waaaayy too LOUD!

Old 05-14-2001, 01:55 AM
Trailblazer

Beg to differ, HARLEY'S RULE!!!!! Let em Rev! Their not made to go fast either, they're made for cruising. Jap bikes are for going fast. But hey everyone has their own opinion.

Old 05-14-2001, 04:19 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with pretty much everybody so far. First they would have to make some sort of counterbalancer for them, since they obviously don't have one on their bikes now. Next they would have to make the exhaust quiet, and make their engine sound like it doesn't have a fouled spark plug. And they would have to keep the price down. No way. I hate it when Harleys go by my house when I'm sleeping too.

Quick Reply: The forum may soon have to add one more manufacturer to there list Harley Davidson