Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Junkyard Wars, TLC, Monday Night, May 28. Fourlix and the Metal Medics vs. Art Attack. 10 hour powerboats!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This was one of the most fun and Hardest work experiences I've ever had. In a junkyard in east London last September we did battle as Junkyard Warriors. We had to build a powerboat in 10 hours using the well stocked junkyard and a pretty good shop. Cameras and crew everywhere. We had a blast. Crew and competitors became great friends. This originally aired in January, but I didn't tell anyone on here about it till afterwards. So here is your chance to see me in action. My real name is Alex, I am the motor man and I get dirtier than anyone who has ever been on this show, or at least I look, and feel like I deserve this special accolade. I would have rather built a dunebuggy or a hovercraft, but they don't tell you ANYTHING before the show starts. Our expert was a Naval Architect student.
Enjoy the show. Junkyard Wars, TLC, The Learning Channel, Monday, May 28, Memorial Day.

Old 05-24-2001, 08:43 AM
Pro Rider

sweet man that sounds like an expierience. I like watching that show so i will be tuned in on monday.

Old 05-24-2001, 09:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

If it was you Congrats, but I doubt it is because you are pretty full of yourself on this site and full of a few other things too. Sorry if the truth hurts but you are a bragger and some of us don't like to hear about it. Why don't you post your picture in your signature so we can see if you ar bs-sing us or not.

Old 05-24-2001, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Tractoral, Watch the show. If there isn't enough info on there for you to figure out it's me, like Rural New Mexico etc. Then why don't you post a picture of yourself with a tractor pulling your head out of your ***.
Punks don't have as many toys as old farts. I was a punk Way before you were a punk, but now I'm an old Fart and proud of it. If you are jealous, too bad,
go talk on the chat rooms with the other have-not wanna-be punks.
Better yet, don't watch the show. Just believe in your little mind that I am just a big liar and I'm making all this up. I am really just an 11 year old girl that has only seen quads in magazines at the supermarket,,, or is that you?

Old 05-24-2001, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man,dont fall for the bait from someone who just wants to flame.

Old 05-24-2001, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

I personal felt that Fourlix handled that one 100% the way I would have. I will be watching.. but the boss won't like if because I watched the whole marathon one day...

Old 05-24-2001, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

fourlix that was awesome! lol lol lol!

Old 05-25-2001, 09:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Fourlicks-

Sorry if I was too hard on you. But I don't see why you won't put a picture in your signature when you were willing to send a picture of your wife's "nice rack" to anyone on here with a e-mail address that wanted it. Notice no profanity in my post, Guess I am an educated punk.

Old 05-25-2001, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

Apology accepted. By the way, the "nice rack" was a joke. It Was a nice rack, an illustration by Olivia de Bernardis, that does resemble my wife in a "let's make her perfect" sort of way. About a picture,
my scanner is screwed up and I don't have a digital camera yet, they are supposed to be coming out with better, cheaper ones and I am still waiting and shopping. And how do you put a picture on your signature anyway? I got Mr Moderator really mad at me a while back for using trick fonts (big deal) in my signature.
The point is, trust me. It is me. I'll give you a lot more details after the show if you want, but I'd rather not spoil it for someone who hasn't seen it yet. I guess this is my 15 minutes of fame. Hey, my neighbor was on Wheel of Fortune a couple of years ago. It can and does happen. We were just lucky to get on the show while it was being filmed in London. The next ones are being done in Los Angeles. We saw 2 episodes last january and then a blurb saying they were looking for contestants about this time last year. I got my friend Bill, who is an E.R. physician interested, along with our certified welder friend Bob. Bill is a friggin genius, and has built some of the most amazing stuff, like a Wind Harp, which you will see in the intro, and a telescope, totally automated and computer controlled with a microwave link to the E.R. so he can cruise the cosmos in the middle of the night when things are slow. He builds his own computers etc.
The production company loved our video, I've built some pretty cool stuff too, like my own brick pizza oven, a 9' Martini glass,
a full Wild West Saloon with 20' Backbar.
Anyway, it was a wonderful experience, and we got a trip to England out of it. They bought our airfare, paid for transportation, lodging and gave us about $300 each for food etc. We all brought our wives and I also brought my son, which they did not pay for but we already had rooms etc. So we got a 2 week family vacation to England out of the deal for less than half price.
We did major tourist action. British Museum, Imperial War Museum, Greenich, Cutty Sark, Windsor Castle, Warwick Castle, Hampton Court Palace, Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, Lots of Pubs, Big Ben, and more.
We can talk about the show afterwards. The mistakes, the could haves and the should haves.
It is so hard to pull something like this off in just 10 hours, especially with no prior knowledge of what the project is going to be.

Old 05-26-2001, 02:51 AM
Pro Rider

fourlix, I absolutely love the show! I watch it religiously every Monday night. My wife wont even try to watch anything because,"Junkyard Wars" is on. I just wish I had the know-how to go on the show. Do you know when the new season starts? I can't wait for the new ones. I've already seen the last 2 seasons twice. Did you know the hostess actually came up with the idea? Anyways, I'm glad to hear you had fun. By the way, my Brother and ex-sister-n-law were the top guests on the Sally Jesse Rafael show about 5 or 6 years ago. They sent them to NY for 3 days, paid for. I myself, have never been on tv yet. Thanks for the post. Bart

Quick Reply: Junkyard Wars, TLC, Monday Night, May 28. Fourlix and the Metal Medics vs. Art Attack. 10 hour powerboats!