Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Lonestar or DuraBlue?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2001, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to eventually get a wider axle for my Raptor, probably a 2+2. I want to get the Lonestar because I think I remember hearing that it is better than the Durablue. But the only thing holding me back is that I can get the Durablue for $289 and the Lonestar is about $100 more. Is the lonestar worth it? I don't do really big jumps or anything, mostly average riding style. Also is the Durable axle for the raptor just the banshee one with a different part number???

Old 06-04-2001, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, the Durablue for the Raptor is the same one for the Banshee. Many people have talked of trouble getting the DB axle centered on their bike. I'd just bite the bullet and get the Lonestar. I'm looking into buying it and I thought I remember seeing it for $339 (can't remember where).

BTW, what am I doing wrong with my sig?? I can't get the link to work.

Old 06-04-2001, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

I have a durabl on my Raptor and fits perfect. I bouht the Banshee one b/ it is +3+5, they do have one for the Raptor That ijust +2

Old 06-04-2001, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

dont get a durablue. i broke mine in half. they dont have or plan on changing it and i am having a hard time getting my new one. it has been over a month. i have a stock banshee axle in mine now and it works better than the stocker. If you dont jump just go buy a used $75 banshee axle off of ebay then got to the hardware store and make a 1/4 spacer, 75 cents then your good to go.

Old 06-05-2001, 04:19 PM
Range Rover

I bought my Lonestar axle from Sunset ATV for $319 + shipping (about $333 total).

Old 06-05-2001, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

FourStrokeFan,

That's what sunset quoted me also, but when I got to checking on it, they too were selling the Banshee axle as a Raptor axle. You might want to double check to be sure you have a correct part number for the Raptor axle.

Sunset tried telling me that they were the same thing until I gave them actual part numbers to prove that they were different. That has been a while back, so they may have the Raptor axles as well now.

Old 06-06-2001, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

I bought a Lonestar and my dad bought a Durablue. Buy the Lonestar hands down. My dad had to send his back since the plating starting peeling off, and he bent it. They had no problem replacing, but sent a nice card back with the new. It simply stated from here out each additional replacement axle would be $175.00, so much for a lifetime warranty.

Old 06-06-2001, 02:55 PM
Range Rover

Bash,
I don't have my warranty card anywhere around here, so I don't know what the serial number is, but I think I have the Raptor one. The measurements I took show that I gained just under 4" over stock. From what I've been reading here, the Banshee axle is about +5" over stock. The axle still looks slightly off center, which seems to be the concern with using the Banshee axle. My measurements from the swingarm grease fitting to the outside of the hubs shows that the right side sticks out about 3/8" farther than the left.

Old 06-06-2001, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

FourStrokeFan,

The only thing about measuring the distance from a point out of the same plane is that if your axle is not perfectly lined up, one side would be closer than the other. I'm not sure without looking how far off the grease fitting is.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2001, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

FourStrokeFan,

I went out and looked for you. My axle is perfectly aligned and from zerk fitting to the beginning of each spacer on my Lonestar is 16 1/4".

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply: Lonestar or DuraBlue?????