Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Transmission Testemonials!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2001, 09:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trailblazer, what are the last six digits of your vin #? Mine are 19,8??, I can't remember exactly but anyways I hope Yamaha has fixed this problem with all of the Raptors over the mysterious number 6000.

Old 06-08-2001, 09:09 AM
Pro Rider

mtecate4g

If you could make an effort to get in touch with me when you get the new gear and find out if its a different one I would much appreciate it. Just dont want to chance missing your post in the forum. What dirtwheels issue do they say that (the raptor is a great bike besides its questionable reliability issues)I seemed to have missed that one??Text

Old 06-08-2001, 10:07 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Xplor, you have changed the break-in oil, have'nt you? That would easily cause your problem.
Also, if you are not accustomed to shifting, you may hit neutral for a while anyway.
Had the Raptor since last Sept. with no tranny troubles....and ride every weekend.

Old 06-08-2001, 10:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have broken the trainy in my raptor 2 times and the 1st time i didn't think yamaha was going to repair it. After a lot of going round and round with them they repaired it. It is now broke again and broke the the same thing!! They say right now that they are only going to pay for half of it but this i must say is a major problem!! YAMAHA NEEDS TO GET OF THERE A** AND FIX IT!!

Old 06-08-2001, 11:03 AM
Range Rover

I acutally havn't had it replaced yet... My dealer is too backed up, so i've been babying it around for a while...

For thoes of you who have ripped your carb boots, my left side boot ripped when the carb popped off also. It tore right in the middle of the grove where the clamp sits, and ripped half way around. When I ordered one at the dealer, they told me it would be two weeks at the soonest. So I ordered it anyways, but went home and figured out how to fix it temporarily. What I did was degreased the thing with carb cleaner, dried it off, then drippled CA glue in the rip, and held it together for about a minute. I then wrapped the whole thing in electrical tape, and called it fixed.

My new boot came in almost a month later. During this month, I did quite a bit of hard riding. When I pulled the boot off to put the new one on, I was expecting it to be ripped (since the boots had popped off a few times because I was afraid to crank the clamp down real tight) and that just the tape was sealing the hole. However, the glue held. I'm going to keep that boot just in case I rip another one.

BTW, does anyone know what the capped off riser tube is for on the left side intake boot?

<< [i]I went back to the forum and searched for all tranny related posts. Here are the results to the best of my searching ability. Please note &quot;my friend's cousin's buddy's Raptor tranny broke&quot; doesn't count. These are actually forum members who have posted their tranny related experiences.

Gear Replaced:
2StrokeDieHard
swytak
DuneJammer
Bandit99
ZebraTrailer
BigitE1

Old 06-08-2001, 11:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Also , everybody should include the VIN # in there post. Lets see if the 6000 is legit...

RoostKing...

Old 06-08-2001, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

iwill email you 2strokediehard if you want to let you know about the gear. I am on my way to pick it about in about a half hour. will let you know then. Later

Old 06-08-2001, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

mtecate4g,

Please make a seperate post so we'll be sure and see the results on the new? tranny gear.

Old 06-08-2001, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

mtecate4g

That would be great, Thank You.

PS. This is what this forum is suppose to be all about !!

Old 06-08-2001, 08:22 PM
Trailblazer

If anybody has gotten their false neutrals fixed, can they please give me the name and number of the dealer that was helpful in resolving the matter, so I can have my dealer fix mine also.

I really appreciate this, rnortiz@bigfoot.com, atv.5u.com

Quick Reply: Raptor Transmission Testemonials!