Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The New Grizz is Hot,,,But,,, What happenned to the Super Sport Utility?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the new Grizz is awesome, I ordered one. But a lot of us were talking about a Super Sport/Utility, manual shift, Super Wolverine kinda thing. This is still a Grizz. Heavy, powerful, work-horse. Sure, it will be fast, for a ute, and the suspension will be at least as good as a Sportsman H.O. with lots more power, less weight, locking diff.
But what about the missing niche? The ultimate rough country racer, woods and mud and jumps and everything.
King of the Hare Scrambles, maybe just a two wheel drive, but with a six-speed gearbox for slow going as well as fast, maybe independent suspension for the best ride in the rough stuff, and way lighter than this new Grizz. Chain Drive I.R.S. would mean lighter weight and easy gear ratio changes. Lose reverse in the Raptor motor in exchange for a low first gear in a six speed wide ratio gearbox. Full fenders and floorboards.
Baja, desert racing, woods, scrambles, hot rods to hell. I smell mud... and glory!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2001, 01:51 AM
Range Rover

The new grizz is the same spy photo as in the june issue in dirtwheels on page 155 except the front bumper is a little different.

Old 06-14-2001, 09:08 AM
Trailblazer

You. I ordered one too. 1st on the list at my local dealership. Had to go with the silver one. I think you made a good point. Only thing I'd add is a manual shift option. They have more power and less worries in water. Other than that, the new Grizz has everything I'd ask for if I helped them build it! Hurry up end of August [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]