Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Is there a combination 2-Stroke Pre-Mix and Injector Oil?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2001, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a highly modified 98 Banshee, a stock 99 Blaster and a stock 98 Polaris Sport 400.

I hate having to carry three separate 2-Stroke oils to accomodate the three different engines.

Both the Blaster and Sport 400 have the Auto Oil-Injection Systems installed.

Is there a good, 2-Stroke Oil out there that is compatible with my modded Pre-Mixed Banshee, and the Oil Injected Blaster and Sport 400?

Also, I have been using Power Plus Castor/Synthetic Pre-Mix in my Banshee. I just had the engine taken apart and found that it was gummed up with oil deposits. For this reason, I am planning on switching to a 100% Synthetic Oil.

Are there any 100% Synthetic Oils out there that are very good and have that "burnt Castor" smell?

Thanks for your help!

Old 06-15-2001, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Most of the time you can use injector oil for pre-mix. I don't know of any castor-smelling kind, but maxima super-m works great for me. I know for sure you can use yamalube for pre-mix.

Old 06-16-2001, 11:12 PM
jiz
Range Rover

ya, it's called KLOTZ racing oil. i use it in my 97 banshee and its pre-mix and oil injected!

Old 06-17-2001, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Make sure if you change from regular to castor you clean the system out, it will make a nasty fluffy gummy pink-purple residue that clogs everything up.

Old 06-18-2001, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

What do you mean from "Regular to Castor? I currently use the Castor/Synthetic Blend from Power Plus. Since this has Castor in it, can I switch to another Castor oil?

Also, is the Maxima M a 100% Synthetic or Castor/Synthetic blend? Does it have the "Castor" smell when it burns?

How about the Klotz? Which one can be used in Injector and Pre-Mix? Is it 100% Synthetic or a blend? How about the smell?

Thanks!

Old 06-18-2001, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't be sniffing my exhaust if I were you. That crap will give you cancer or something. Maxima super M is synthetic and has a very unnoticable smell. My friend uses klotz and I think it smells like dish soap. You can use any injector oil as pre-mix unless it tells you not to. You cannot use pre-mix as injector oil, though. Pre-mix is too thick and will clog the hoses.

Old 06-19-2001, 01:51 AM
Range Rover

I run polaris extreme oil in everything two stroke. I have a 93 polaris that has a gazillion miles on it and has never been apart. The mix ratio is the same as normal two stroke oil. I run it in my quad, my outboard, and even the weedeater. Several riding buddys run it too, another popular oil in my crowd is chevron and they have no probs either. Just my two cents worth.

Old 06-19-2001, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Zebratrailer:

Where do you buy your Polaris Oil in the metro-Phoenix area?

Old 06-19-2001, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, I have ran Polaris oil in my quads (excpet my Banshee) and nothing ever went wrong.. I have no complaints what so ever!! Also, you can buy Polaris oil at any Polaris shop!

Old 06-19-2001, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Rob,
I'd run Klotz regular Techniplate. Dump all the fuel from the bikes that had pre-mix in it before, run it in the truck...The oil that is in the injector tanks... I would try to siphon as much as you can out and then refill with the Klotz stuff. I switched oils three times this season in my sled until I tried and stuck with Techniplate using the above tank siphon procedure without any harm done. I went from Amsoil Series 200 to Ski Doo petro to Ski Doo synth to finally Techniplate.

I used Techniplate originally in my sled, but now have my wife's R on it as well. I'm using R50 myself, but my cylinder is swiss cheesed. It has a good smell too(the racy castor), burns clean, low smoke, low deposit(has to be in sleds with powervalves) can be ordered on-line or go over and see Charlie, I think he has some on the shelf(?)

Run the TC-W3 Techniplate or the Snowmobile Techniplate(which I am)...

Quick Reply: Is there a combination 2-Stroke Pre-Mix and Injector Oil?