Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CT EXHAUST FOR RAPTOR

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the CT Sonic kit and the power increase was unbelievable!!! Huge gains!!!

Old 04-30-2002, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

The ct is a great top end pipe, but it robs alot of your low end torque.

Old 05-01-2002, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

VelocityRaptor,

I disagree. Compared to what? Stock? Look at the dyno charts. CT Racing's Dyno Charts 7hp increase at 3000 RPM? More horsepower at all RPM ranges. The seat of the pants feel is incredible. Way more snappy off the bottom. Wheelies are easy in 4th in the lower RPM ranges. Much tougher to do with the stocker.

I would say that torque is much better overall, and the throttle response is much improved.

I'll find someone with a stock Raptor, and let them take mine for a rip and they just come back grinnin'!

RM

Old 05-01-2002, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

I bought the CT pipe, I had a shop with a Dyno swap it from my Alien. I lost 4 hp and 6 lbs. of torque. That was with a Dyno reading. I personally think the CT pipe is a Ripoff.

Old 05-01-2002, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

I'm telling everyone that if you want a pipe that rocks go with TC (Tom Carlson) Doug gust machanic. If you want tourqe do not remove the stock head pipe, the only reason one would want to remove the stock head pipe is for top end and then its a must to open up air box. Desert riders prob. would benefit better than if your xc woods racing/riding the raptor. I dont have my raptor anymore actually havent for a while although I did have the thing tuned to perfection well TC racing did. I had everything on it from TCS shocks to lonestar axle, denton stearing stabilizer and etc.... the shocks helped it alot for seat height it sat the same as a 400ex when I was done with it only it was a little wider. Anyhow if you woods ride and dont wish to open up air box the TC pipe is unbeatable I know from first hand exp. I rode alot of other raptors and the TC pipe absolutley is better no question, although it is LOUD! I since have sold my raptor a while ago and built a ESR 310r that eats my old raptor and I've yet to ride something that is as fast even out of the hole my 310R was beating raptors, banshees and etc... by 2-3 quad lengths and at the end of 100yds by 10 quad lengths. I never got to run my buddies raptor before he sold it he had a trinity 680 big bore in it and a claimed 62hp on dyno. Just go with TC slip on and jetting kit is a must because the raptor will run on just about any jets but once its dead on its nice!

Old 05-01-2002, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

Velociraptor is blowing smoke up your-know-what... he has no clue... The mid-range experiences the largest gain with the CT pipe...

Old 05-01-2002, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Zombie,

What was your setup? Airbox, filter, jetting, etc? Any motor mods?

RM

Old 05-02-2002, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

<< Velociraptor is blowing smoke up your-know-what... he has no clue... The mid-range experiences the largest gain with the CT pipe... >>

&quot;Hey little player&quot; don't get upset! I bet you believe the ct will make your machine put out 50hp too.

Old 05-02-2002, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider

Renny, I had the shop that put on the &quot;CT&quot; pipe follow the directions from CT. 170 175 mains,
open airbox, needle settings and ETC. My mods are this. Ported, polished, Webcam highend cam, titanium valve springs, 11:1 compression,Proflow K&amp;N filter, 12 tooth sprocket and a pingry oil cooler. So let me know what went wrong with the pipe. This was Dynoed not I beat this person or was reading DirtWheels. I saw this in Blue and Red with my own eye's on the DYNO. So I went back to the Alien pipe. I would love to race a CT piped Machine.
Oh Alaska YMF VelocityRaptor Does have a clue he saw the DYNO results also,at the shop. You see Dirtwheels is full of ****.

Old 05-02-2002, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

Is there any CT piped and jetted machines in the Omaha, NE area? I would like to Drag Race one.
lemme know.

Quick Reply: CT EXHAUST FOR RAPTOR