Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CT EXHAUST FOR RAPTOR

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2001, 01:33 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read on the ct web page that the exhaust they make for the Raptor put the horse power up to 50. Is this true. If it is I dont know why everybody wouldn't have one

Old 06-18-2001, 03:03 PM
Range Rover

There's an article in the latest ATV Sport where they outfit a Raptor with a CT header and silencer, cut a huge hole in the airbox lid and add a Uni filter. Those changes alone got the thing up from 35HP to 49HP, according to their dyno readings. Sounds good to me.

Old 06-18-2001, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer

I’ve got CT’s first pipe off the line (I got it off of Xtrem165 in this forum) For just a slip on and some carb work it was an amazing change over the stock pipe. It now has torque out the wazoo and throttle response is awesome and it’s the LOUDEST pipe I’ve ever heard (that could be a good or bad thing) You will get some discs and a cap if it's to loud for you. I’m definitely impressed with the CT pipes performance.

Mike

Old 06-18-2001, 05:19 PM
Range Rover

so the more discs the louder or what?? i saw the article for it to....i MIGHT get one...but i dont want it to be LOUD...but i want to have a BIG power increase...espically on the top end.

Old 06-18-2001, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] My bad on my earlier post. I think I had a brain cramp. I’ve got the first TC pipe not CT. Anyway, I totally recommend the TC pipe. There was a TC article in the July dirt wheels where you can see a good picture of it. It’s basically a Supertrap with the end cut off and a custom flow through cap. If you don’t want loud this is not the pipe for you. But I have to say....I makes me giggle every time I fire it up.

Old 06-19-2001, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't disregard Sparks, Big Gun or HMF, they all make some pretty impressive results!

Old 06-19-2001, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Go with the TC Racing Pipe (Tom Carlson) he's the one that built Doug Gust his Suzuki 440. The pipe rocks and its just a slip on. There is no need for a different head pipe! But hey if the magazine and internet articles are drawing you in then go waist your $$$ on a head pipe. Save the $$$ and go with TC and if you want even more power take the extra cash you saved and get a high comp piston and cam. I bet that TC silencer gives the raptor as much if not more power than CT's full exhaust and air filter and air box mods. With the TC you can use your stock filter set up and get the same gains!

Old 04-30-2002, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

Anyone know where I can purchase a CT full system? I don't see an option on there web site or the links are bad!

Old 04-30-2002, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

My bad I found it. I just hit refresh.

Old 04-30-2002, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Plum,

I have the CT exhaust kit and it totally lives up to it's billing. It is loud, but no louder than a GYT-R, especially when you have the recommended 16 discs installed.

Buy the CT kit. They provide you everything to get +45hp from your machine. It is a KIT. You get a filter, flange, jetting instructions, and the exhaust. Not to mention the guys on the phone know this kit inside and out. No guessing or unnecessary wrenching. You will not be dissapointed.

Do a search on the board for CT kit performance and make your own decision.

My second choice for an exhaust would be the same KIT but substitute the GYT-R carbon slip on for the full CT exhaust. You don't get the same performance, but you get a huge increase, for a bit cheaper.

I can tell you from my personal experience that my CT Raptor has yet to be beat by another combination, including a 686 kit with a pro circuit exhaust and the same filter and jetting kit. (This result surprised me, who knows who did that guy's 686 kit). My buddy has the GYT-R setup as I described above, and he is the closest. 5th gear roll ons are very decisive for the CT. Throttle response is great.

xtreme165,

It has been my experience that doing slip on changes alone will not provide you the maximum results possible. The raptor is very choked up on the intake side as well. Take the lid off, use the pro-design flange and filter, and jet it up. This intake side modification alone probably accounts for 5-7hp!!!

This is only my opinion, based on personal experience. If given the choice I would still buy the CT kit. No regrets.

RM

Quick Reply: CT EXHAUST FOR RAPTOR