Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What tires are best all around?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2001, 10:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know what tires would be best all around for me, i have a warrior, i ride some mx tracks/ flattracks, coal hills, and rocky hill climbs, and snow, i am not satisfied with the taller balloon stock tires that are on my warrior now, they are too tipsy/do not slide well, i was considering 4-ply maxi razrs but people suggested to stay away from them cause they are "similar to holeshots and holeshots are crap"?! i would like to know you opinions![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2001, 02:57 PM
Trailblazer

Well whoever said the holeshots were crap, was right. I have Titan Fast Trekkers and they are perfect for what you are gonna be doing.

Is there any good riding spots in penn. I've heard of a few but i want them to be pretty close to maryland.thanx

Old 06-17-2001, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

I guess that would explain why racers always recommend holeshots, and never even speak of any type of titan tires except grooved turf tamers, but if you over look that point I guess you're right. oh yeah I wouldnt get the razrs if you ride road much to get to these riding spots, because they wear very fast.

Old 06-17-2001, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer

Titan Racing,
what i meant was that hole shots aren't good for all the things that he was talking bout doin.but they are good for mx.

Old 06-17-2001, 03:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I rairly ever ride on paved roads, we usually trailer our quads to where we are goin

BlAsTeRfatty
: there are some very good state trails in pa such as sprawl state forest and leihman lake, however i am not familiar with any trails down around the maryland border, sorry

Old 06-17-2001, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

holeshots are great cross country tires, which incorporates, a little of everything.

Old 06-18-2001, 11:22 AM
Trailblazer

Personally, I like the RAZRs for the types of riding I do, (pretty much all kinds) and I would reccomend them to anybody! Yes they wear fast but that's b/c they are made of a soft compound rubber that grips really good. They do a good job of getting my Banshee's power to the ground.

Jeff Lovett
Photo/Graphics
Off-Road Haven

Old 06-18-2001, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

I would suggest either holeshots or razrs. I've ridden both, and they both perform well. If you want a more agressive tread, then I suggest maxxis all tracks. They are a bit heavier, but have better traction in loose stuff like snow.

Old 06-18-2001, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

i have holeshots on my banshee and i also live in pa, northeastern. i ride in everything you do. they work good. whatever you get will work better then the stock tires. so get what you want. blackwaters look nice on warriors. but i dont know how well they slide and stuff so i dont know if you would want to go with a mud kind of tire.

Old 06-18-2001, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

How about bandits? Real good all around tire. Just a bit heavy...But have yet to puncture one of them.

Another plus is that they have a reversible tread pattern. Helps a bit in the snow.

Quick Reply: What tires are best all around?