Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

carb boots

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2001, 10:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IT finally happened I have had my raptor since sept and i have had none of the problems that everyone talks about i thought i had a bullet proof raptor. But today the carb boot fell off. I put it back on and rode for a little more then she poped off again. was wondering what is the fix for it take that spacer off and clamp it tighter does yamaha have a fix for it. A little help would be much appreciated and thanks in advance........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2001, 11:11 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had my carbs blow outta the boots twice and this is what i did and have not had the problem since...
loosen both clamps and remove the spacers...push the carbs into the boots as far as possible....move the clamps as close to the carbs as possible...tighten the clamp a little more than you could with the spaces in...make sure that the clamps dont move / slide forward toward the engine... in addition to that i turned my idle screw up a little...this should work....you also can do a search on this topic on this forum...there have been several "fixes" for this problem....but i think mine is the best...only requires a little time and no money....so good luck...and let me know if it works out for ya...
herbdon out....