Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Paddles for a stock warrior ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2001, 04:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to the sport and just bought a new warrior. I plan on keeping it stock for the wife. I want to put a set of paddles on it and from what i've gathered, I need to stick with v-paddles as i was told the stock warrior engine won't turn straight paddles effectively. I am torn between the Sand Skates II's and the Skate Track Edge. I would like to hear from stock warrior owners who have actually ran one or both of these paddles on their bike. Any help would be much appreciated. Batz

Old 06-20-2001, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

I've been running a stock 1990 Warrior in the dunes for many years now and the Sand Skate IIs are excellent tires. I run the 8 paddles (rather than 10)to get more wheel speed/spin. The 10s would likely load and lug the motor too much. Wheel speed/spin is very important in the dunes. Also, a HUGE improvement for duning is to drop the front sproket by 1 tooth (I think it's 13 stock - so go to 12). This allows the motor to develop the RPM to get in the power band better. One other advantage is to run the razorback tires in front, less rolling resistance.

Don't let anybody tell ya that a Warrior does not do good in the dunes - they do. You wont be the first one up the hill, but you'll get there, it just takes a little more effort and prior planning (read - be in the right gear and USE your momentum)!

Drop me a private note if ya want to talk about the Warrior - they are good machines.

Old 06-20-2001, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

I was running 8" SandSharks on my stock warrior, and those are fine, too. The sprocket thing certainly would help in the dunes....I never did it, and I got up the hills, but it was a struggle! Changing the sprocket should make a really nice difference!

Corry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]