Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor mods.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2001, 03:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What can I do to make my Raptor go faster and just all around kick butt?? Bigger carbs or is there someone that works on these motors? Thanks for your help.. LATER>>>

Old 06-22-2001, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

I think the question you are going to be posed with is "how much $ money do plan to spend"? And "how fast do you wanna go"?

The easiest way to get more power is with a full exhaust sytem. Sparks, CT, Big Gun, HMF and graydon are all making some very good gains in performance.
If that is not enough for you, then you need to go into the motor. CT, Trinity, Bikeworx, FST and several others make high compression pistons, cams, do head porting, cylinder boring, etc.

It depends how much performance your looking for and how much money your willing to invest!

I have the 680 bore Trinity Racing kit, JE +2mm 11-1 high comp piston, performance cam, head ported, larger intake valve, and 3-angle valve job.

Although I am just breaking it in (10hours so far) these mods have made a huge gain in performance

Let me know if I can help further.

Old 06-22-2001, 05:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the reply. At this point I'm willing to spend around 2000.00 on the motor. If you don't mind me asking? How much did your mods cost and how many horses are you pushing?

Old 06-22-2001, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer

Sparks racing is making pistons, cams and porting. They are not done yet but I would wait and get Sparks. Right now he has a complete pipe, airbox, and a advance key. Check out sparksracing.com

Old 06-22-2001, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

If you are even thinking about going with Sparks, you better get on the waiting list NOW!!!!! Or plan to wait a good long while........

I hear they are a good company, but never seem to produce enough parts when introducing new products or parts.

P.S. They don't ever return phone calls either. So if you don't get the answer your looking for, keep calling and don't settle for them to say we'll call ya back and I'll get the answer for you. TRUST ME, been there.

Old 06-22-2001, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah, I konw what you mean. I emailed them twice yesterday and the first one I got a reply but not on the second one. Should I email them back?

Old 06-22-2001, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't wait on the e-mail reply. I would call for the answer to your question and if they say they will call you back, your better off having them put you on hold if. Just my .02 and experience with these guys.

Old 06-24-2001, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

swytak,
You say Trinity dyno'd that set up at 63hp, was this with the stock air box modified or with an after market one?? And wich slip on was it? Did they try a few or do they have thier own? I see you have a cam, did you have to get new springs also? Have heard most after market cams require heavier springs? Thank you for any info.

PS. Keep me updated when you get it dyno'd please

Old 06-25-2001, 09:53 AM
Pro Rider

That was with a modified stock airbox and a gytr slip-on w/ stock header pipe. No, I am not using aftermarket springs right now, but will look at the motor in several weeeks after break in.

Old 06-29-2001, 04:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

I was told buy ATV-Sport that a raptor with a full aftermarket exhaust,different jetting,modified airbox and air filter would produce 49.4 h.p.So just how much more power did your 680 trinity motor job give you(instant wheelies,ripping bottom torque,etc.). Was it worth the money?How long did the whole motor modifying take(1-month?)?Also swytak what is your e-mail address,so I can e-mail you with some business questions!

Quick Reply: Raptor mods.