Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BROTHER SINKS QUAD PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2001, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

01 BEAR TRACKER UPSIDE DOWN IN POND FOR 5 MIN. I TOOK THE CARB OFF AND CLEANED IT CHANGED THE SPARKPLUG, DRAINED ALL FLUIDS STILL HAS WATER IN TOP END WHAT CAN I DO

Old 06-26-2001, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

Take plug back out, stand quad up on rear end and crank it over a # of times this should get most of the water out either through exhaust or spark plug hole. Change fluids again.

Old 06-26-2001, 12:46 PM
Range Rover

Hey man, tell your brother he's a bonehead. I bet he gave you some lame excuse about a rock hitting him in the head and he couldn't see. I think you should have him suck all the water out through the tail pipe while your trying to start the quad!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2001, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

<< Hey man, tell your brother he's a bonehead. I bet he gave you some lame excuse about a rock hitting him in the head and he couldn't see. I think you should have him suck all the water out through the tail pipe while your trying to start the quad!!!!!! >>

wow 2001atv, what a helpful post.. I guess you're been perfect your entire life? never made a mistake eh?

back to the original question.. pull the plug and turn it upside down, let it drain completely. change the oil, start it up for a couple minutes, change the oil again. You want all white/milky stuff out of there, I would prolly even do a third oil change within a reasonable amount of time. water in the bearings = bad. For the first couple oil changes use cheap oil, you're just trying to flush the system..

Brad

Old 06-26-2001, 02:41 PM
Range Rover

BansheeBrad,
For your info 01BlasterJW is my brother, and he's talking about our younger brother. The rock story is the lame excuse our younger brother gave us for ending up in the pond instead of coming out and telling us the truth (he was riding above his ability, got caught up in some ruts, lost control and went in the pond. The hole post was an inside joke between my brother and I (no BansheeBrad), next time don't be so quick to assume because -- well you know what happens when you ***--ume.&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; So far we have changed the oil in the crank case and differential. Turned the quad on end and left it for several hours. Pulled carb and cleaned bowl, floats, and jets. Pulled and cleaned plug. Turned the motor over w/o plug to blow pond water out. Checked gas for water and added stabalizer. The tank was full of gas at the time of pond entry and the gas I took out of the tank looked and smelled good. Tonight we will try starting fluid and replacing the gas in the tank with fresh gas just in case in has moisture we can't see.

Old 06-26-2001, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

finally got the quad started runs like sh-t but after a couple of short runs and oil changes its running ok i think it needs a couple of more oil changes. thanks for all the input i appreciate it.