Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior... BEST quad EVER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2001, 07:14 PM

I think my friend is going to ask around 4000$ for it.

Imbackformore

Old 07-03-2001, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wander over here now an them from the Honda forum. I rode a Warrior for years, and have to say it WAS a great bike a dozen years ago when it first came out. Now it's old and tired. Yamaha needs to replace and/or update it. If you have to buy one, get one used. But for heaven sakes, don't spend the money on a new one!!

Old 07-03-2001, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Why not spend the money on a new one? They are great bikes, and the price doesn't drop enough to justify buying a quad that someone else has ridden for years and done who knows what to. It is just too big of a risk to take and before you know it you could have more money in a used one than in a new one. I know that I will be happy w/ this quad for years to come, so by getting a brand spanking new one I know what it has/hasn't been through.

Plus it being my first quad, I JUST WANTED A NEW ONE... but I did check the prices on used ones and there just wasn't a big enough difference to justify it.
The last used quad I priced ('96 Warrior) was going to save me $4 a month over a brand new one. That definitely isn't worth it to me!

Old 07-03-2001, 02:35 PM
Trailblazer

Does A pipe a jet kit and a K&N airfilter give it anymore power. Because i'm thinking of trading my Lakota in for one. If i do get one which of these pipe's give the best Low and mid gains.
1. White brother's
2. Big gun
3. yoshi.
4. DMC

Old 07-03-2001, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

I have a warrior, with mods. I like it in some ways i do then i don't. It is a good trail ridin bike. Some hillclimbing, and some jumpin. I still rather have a cannondale over any other bike.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2001, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

Warriors are a good machines in most cases, I like to do wheelies on my buddies.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 07-03-2001, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider

WoodWarrior-You kind of missed my point. This is your first bike, and I have to say if the Warrior is anything, it is a good first bike. But you sunk a pretty good piece of change into it. In a year or so, people will be zipping by you on Cdales, Raptors, 400EXs, 650EXs, and 450MXs(?), and you'll wish you had the money to buy one of those (I know, you probably ALREADY wish you had the money to buy one of those). Anyway, I've seen this happen a whole bunch of times!!!

Old 07-03-2001, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

For the same amount of money you can buy a polaris sport or scrambler and be able to keep up with 400ex's and raptors, and when time passes and your riding skills improve you can modify them to eat 400ex's and raptors.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 07-03-2001, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

No I understand your point, but I thought about all that before hand. I know most people would want to upgrade but for the type of riding I like, and the type of person I am, I don't see myself upgrading for at least 5 years. I am one who wants to be able to sit there on my little 350 and, due to skill, be able to accomplish the same as guys on their 660's. It is more of a challenge that way and the challenge is the reason I bought a quad in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I agree w/ what you said cause that is usually how it works, but just not w/ me... call me different.

Old 07-03-2001, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

I don't have a problem w/ Polaris but when I sat on the Sport and Scrambler, I thought they were the two most uncomfortable machines I had ever sat on and they did not feel like something I would trust on the serious off camber, side hills, valleys and such that I tend to ride. Not something I could trust on the terrain I love so much. So I passed on them.

Quick Reply: Warrior... BEST quad EVER!!!