Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior... BEST quad EVER!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2001, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought that would get some attention. :-)

My point is this... although the no one is going to agree that the Warrior is the best quad ever, I strongly feel that it is the most practical quad ever. (for me that is)

It is raceable... althought it isn't really going to contend.
It is a great trail bike... although it could use a little more low end torgue and horsepower.
It isn't too expensive... yet it is well equipped.
Is well equipped... yet has thousands of aftermarket options.
Has enough power to have a blast w/... but not enough to kill you. (unless you are a complete dumb a$$.

Now see... if people would just list opinions/facts, instead of being stupid and argueing about crap they have no proof of, this place would accomplish allot more.

Heck no I don't agree w/ everyone, but I know they are allowed to have their opinion just the same as I am allowed to think that the Warrior is the greatest bike ever.

Later.

Old 06-28-2001, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

I aggree Warriors are also very reliable. When i picked up my 87 for 400 bux it ran. But very rough. I mean comon, what do you expect out of 13 years of no mods and bone stock...

Old 06-28-2001, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Woodswarrior:

I don't disagree with you at all...
lets try this another way though... Is the warrior the only quad you have ever owned?
If it is...of course your going to say your model is the best. I feel that is why most of these flames get started. most people are not open to suggestions....they own a quad that they like..and can't imagine that there is anything better. Until they finally get the money or chance to try another model.
It's good that you view things as peoples opinions. Man..I know I do. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It gets tricky though.
There is a post going on right now (can't remember which one)...somewhere along the line it turned into a blaster against a banshee flame. Someone makes claim that they have beaten the banshee with their blaster in a drag race. Now it's hard not to chime in when I am an owner of both the machines. (banshee and blaster)
Some people are just like that. You will probably notice that 90% of the people who post here..would not act the same in person that they do over the net. Almost willing to bet that about 90% of the people do not even have the quad they claim to know so much about. I'm also most confidant that most of the people replying to and attending this board are 13 years old and under. Not there is anything wrong with the younger guys. It's just that stretching the truth comes quite naturally to someone who has just become a teenager and is still trying(testing) to find their place in life. I can only imagine what I would have been like at 13 years old on a computer. I don't know how old you are (nor is it my business I guess), but when I was 13...I was playing with a commodore 64 and atari. I think atari overthrew pong. hehe

Old 06-28-2001, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

For starters, I am 22 and this is my first quad. I never wanted one until recently cause I lived within 10 minutes of Haspins (which is an awesome 4 wheeling spot.. you may have heard of it) and everyone I knew, including myself, always 4-wheeled in trucks. Once I moved to Warsaw it was suddenly a 3 hour drive to go play in the mud and too much trouble to haul a truck around. I have known allot of people that owned quads and I had ridden dirt bikes allot as a kid so I knew that I wanted a 4 stroke instead of 2. Another thing that weighed in heavily was that I wanted/needed reverse cause it is easy to get yourself in trouble in most the spots I ride, and although I am 6'2" I only weigh about 135lbs. so it is hard to toss a quad around (I am working on that though :-).)
Everyone I talked to loved the Warriors and the few I had ridden were great. I had also talked to none Warrior owners that agreed that the 300ex was underpowered. Final straw was that a 400EX won't fit in the bed of my truck and a Warrior would.... well that and the fact that I knew I would kill myself if I bought a Raptor cause that is just too much power for me and my "do anything" attitude towards mud.
I still don't think anyone has the right to say that a certain quad is the best out there, because everyone has different needs/wants.. but this is the best quad for me... FOR NOW.
That new Griz is looking dang tempting, if only it was a manual tranny I would be set (and if I had an extra $7000 laying around.)
Speaking of "flaming posts" what caused me to write this one was that I was reading the "Think about it" post... you want to talk about some funny/ridiculous reading.

Hopefully people will learn to point out there opinions a little more and realize that the best story doesn't allows make the most friends.

Oh yeah... I also grew up w/ the wonderful Atari and Commodore 64C.

Old 06-28-2001, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

I've rode my buddies warrior, there a good quad but the power is'nt there when you want it and the turning radius is far from tight. But I have to complement it's low center of gravity, that gives you a lot of hillclimbing and downhilling capabilities.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 06-28-2001, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

you have to be a dumbass to get killed on it? man people around here have been kiled on warriors during hillclimbs, I wouldnt call them dumbasses I would call it a mistake, plus a boy down the road was on a 230 QUADSPORT and almost killed, I dont like your post very well..maybe you should get the facts next time instead of talking about other people posting without facts.

Old 06-28-2001, 07:54 PM

When i was 13 i was playing Night Stalker on my Intellivision console,what a great game that was...

Imbackformore

Old 06-29-2001, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

i have that game for my intelivision too!!! hahahahaha!
also the same things that you said about the warrior could also be said about the 250EX except maybe the comfort for larger riders. oh and the aftermarket stuff too. warrior is a nice bike if you not too serious and if you wanna be serious you can at least make it halfway decent right? blow away those 400's and you got it made heh heh.

Old 06-29-2001, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

<< man people around here have been kiled on warriors during hillclimbs, I wouldnt call them dumbasses I would call it a mistake >>

<< I dont like your post very well.. >>

See TitanRacing25... you are the type people I am talking about.... you don't read stuff for what it is, and take peoples OPINIONS and try to make it look like they are stating FACTS.

If you read carefully you will see that I was talking about the power of the Warrior killing people, not the terrain or the riding ability. It was a figure of speech!

As far as not liking my post... if we all liked each others posts, this would be a waste of our time because everyone would agree and this wouldn't be an opinion board anymore... not to mention the fact that there would only be a single post on each topic because there would be nothing to discuss since we all agreed.

I don't try to &quot;impress&quot; people or make people even &quot;like&quot; my posts. I post because I either have a question, try to answer a question (which is seldom because I am fairly new to quads but have lots of 4 wheeling experience) or I am posting my OPINION on something. The only people you will see my trash on here are the people who are doing the trashing, and that is only about the trashing. Even if you know someone is lying, there is no point in getting shi++y with them cause all it does is start an arguement not a discussion, and discussions is what this board is supposed to be about.

Old 06-30-2001, 11:28 AM

How old are you Juggalo?

Imbackformore

Quick Reply: Warrior... BEST quad EVER!!!