Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine Wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 02:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been checking up on some old posts and i've read that you guys can pull wheelies on your Wolverine with no problem, on demand.
For me, i have to be in the right situation.
I just added a k/n filter, dynojet kit, fmf megamax II i notice some improvement but not as much as i expected.
Im running a 155 main jet and all 11 discs with no quiet core.
Any input appreciated

Old 06-30-2001, 09:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

i have a 2000 Yamaha Wolverine, i can pull wheelies on pavement by putting it in neutral then i shift up as i would to go into first gear, but i hold it up, then i rev it about half trottle and i bring it straight up! I only weigh 115lbs so i cant do it on dirt, but depending on your weight you might be able to do it though.

Old 07-01-2001, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

YEah, you can do that, but can also rip out your tranny. All you need is a White bor's scielncer and then you could pull wheelies. All the other stuff would help, but other wise was a waste of money!!!

Old 07-02-2001, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Mr. Wolverine
I have all of the same stuff you have and I have to really play with my Wolv to get it to wheelie. Most of the time I can get a wheelie when I come off a small incline or at the top of a hill but to just punch it and get the front end to come up is not very easy. Everything has to be just perfect for that to happen. I don't believe that a White Bros. pipe would help either. I have a friend that has the White Bros. E-series and he can not wheelie any easier than I. If I do want to ride a wheelie I start in 1st gear get the Wolv. rolling than lift the shifter as if I am going into 2nd give it a little gas then drop the shifter, but be careful because it will come all the way up on you. I don't like to do that much because you could screw up your tranny or clutches. I hope this helps you. Oh and be sure you pull up on the bars and lean back or you will just brake the tires loose and spin.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2001, 01:43 PM
Trailblazer

it will wheelie on dirt or grass in first or second if you pop the clutch. other wise i have to have a little hill of something if i just use the gas. i agree with the others, i don't believe the aftermarket stuff will be enough to make it wheelie without using the clutch.

Old 07-02-2001, 03:09 PM
Trailblazer

what clutch?
It's an autoclutch
I dont understand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2001, 03:32 PM
Range Rover

I believe they'd be talking about the shifter.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2001, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer

yea, that's what I was referrin to.

Old 07-02-2001, 03:40 PM
Trailblazer

its only an auto clutch when you let it be! hehehe

Old 12-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Range Rover
Default Wolverine Wheelies

im only 14 and i started driveing a year ago. my dad has a wolverine and it will wheelie, and it has 25's on it and all stock. the other day i was out on it and even with just like a little rock to get the tires up i almost fliped it on myself soo just to say the wolverine has more power than pple think and my uncles stock wolverine can beat my dads , run them hard and any bike will wheelie

Quick Reply: Wolverine Wheelies