Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

finally yamaha has perfected the ATV, why buy polaris when you can buy perfection.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2001, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that Yamaha has perfected the ATV in every category everyone who wants a big bore should buy the new 660 Grizz. They have the indpendant that so many wanted, liquid, disk breaks, a real diff lock, no electrical bull to wrong with. And yamaha has the reliability record to back up the machine.
My buddy bought a brand new HO, very nice but he blew the belt off of it in the first day because he didn't have it in low gear, come on, thats alot of crock, I put my grizz in low gear only when pulling or going through very deep mud.
The next weekend he goes out he blows the electrical for the 4*4, so now it won't go into 4*4.
I have 3500 hard km's on my grizz and not a hickup. Forgot, light bulb fell out once.
Sorry guys but look at the forum's and you see who has the most problems. This 700 twin will not be rock solid, so if your smart and want to save money in the long run, go with the Grizz, you won't regret it. look at the video of the new grizz on the yamahausa.com website and see.
Oh ya the new yamaha rides better and has more ground clearance than the HO and has a DRAIN PLUG for the belt if you happen to suck in water. Yamaha's usually float but in case you have a drain plug not to be stuck in the bush.
Hope this helps.
2000 Grizz
3500 km's and not a hickup.
2002 Grizz if the wife lets me.

Old 07-02-2001, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

no machine is ever perfect. in a few years when yamaha irons out the bugs, it will be a force to be reconed with. yamaha rushes stuff to the door way too fast! (yamahas reliability to back it up? hahahaha! they never test anything before they put it on the show room!) the raptors gearing, i think they could tell that that was too high just by riding it! they changed it this year by the way. the banshees crappy air box got changed too (it only took them 14 years of constant nagging to figure it out) . it just goes to show that yamaha does listin, but if they put out a decent product in the first place, just think what they would come up with when listining to suggestions of owners!

Old 07-02-2001, 11:28 AM
Trailblazer

I have a 90 Big Bear I have put through ****,but it keeps going.I expect to have the same results from my new Grizz.

Old 07-02-2001, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

Since Yamaha has perfected the ATV in every way, all other manufacturers should shut their doors as of today. Maybe you should call each one, and tell them.

Yamaha reliability? My Polaris has given me three years of trouble free riding, whereas my 2000 Kodiak gives me nothing but headaches. It is not running as of this minute. Tell Raptor owners about Yamaha reliability. Let's hope they didn't rush the Griz to the table the way they did the Raptor. Yamaha should be ashamed of themselves. Knobby should be hung by his ********* until every Raptor is correctly repaired.

Old 07-02-2001, 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think the new grizz is wide enough tho?

Old 07-02-2001, 03:50 PM
Range Rover

People say it's not wide enough. I don't know. Maybe they should slow down.

Old 07-02-2001, 03:50 PM
Trailblazer

650 PRAIRIE!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2001, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

thats what i wuz thinkin

Old 07-03-2001, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

first of all, the grizz has not been time tested yet. it might be a total lemon. it might give you twice as many headaches as the polaris. don't say the grizz is the best when it has not been proven. in two years, we'll see how they are holding up then you can say it is the best. i have heard from other people that it is really cheaply built. the mention of the polaris blowing a belt, that is not a mechanical failure. my friend has had a sportsman for 4 years. it has not broken down once. one of my other friends has a yamaha kodiac. it has had a problem breaking something every 3-4 weeks. my point, don't say the grizz is the best when you have nothing to back up your words.

Old 07-03-2001, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

Yamaha's are very reliable. For example. The Blaster. For the first 2 years i owned my blaster it never had one problem. Then i started adding things on it and 3 years later i am just getting ready to re-do the top end. Although were Yamaha does lack is in the Water-Proofing Department.

Quick Reply: finally yamaha has perfected the ATV, why buy polaris when you can buy perfection.