Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

warrior idles but wont rev up

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 01:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a 99 warrior and after like 2 or 3 hour of riding the motor will spit and spuder when u give it gas but will idle fin. it is like when the e brake is set and the motor wont go. mine is disconnected thought. were it plugs together. i will wash it and let it sit like over night and it wont do it untill i ride it for like 2 or 3 hour again. i have heard of something with the reverse will make it do this? but i don t know what to look for. or could it be overheating. the only thing i have done to the motor is put a k&n filter on it i did not rejet though should i of? i ride with 3 other warrior and they dont have any problems. it has me lost. any help will be appeciated thank u

Old 07-10-2001, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

If your reverse was acting up it would do it all the time not just after riding 2-3 hours. It's the wire behind the reverse lever that comes loose. Can't hurt to check it though.
You might want to check your fuel line from the gas tank. Make sure it's not touching any hot surfaces like the engine or exhaust. If it is move it with a wire tie or something to hold it away from the hot surface. If the fuel line gets really hot it causes vapor lock. The heat won't allow the fuel to pass through the hose. Only a little goes through allowing the quad to idle only.

Old 07-10-2001, 11:21 AM
Trailblazer

The same thing happened to me on my 2001 Kawasaki Lakota and I took it in to the shop and they said the coil was bad.

Old 07-11-2001, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds like the E-Brake safety switch. Yamaha puts a safety switch on the e-brake to keep us from burning up the brakes. There are two pivot points near the brake lever where the e-brake is set. Next time it has problems push the pivot inside the brake and see if that takes care of it, if so wire around it and experience troubles no more. If it doesn't fix it.....?? I dunno.

Old 07-11-2001, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

I don't think it's the emergency brake switch because if it was it would happen as soon as you start the quad. It takes a couple of hours for it to act up therefore eliminating the e-brake switch.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2022, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by ridnwarrior
If your reverse was acting up it would do it all the time not just after riding 2-3 hours. It's the wire behind the reverse lever that comes loose. Can't hurt to check it though.
You might want to check your fuel line from the gas tank. Make sure it's not touching any hot surfaces like the engine or exhaust. If it is move it with a wire tie or something to hold it away from the hot surface. If the fuel line gets really hot it causes vapor lock. The heat won't allow the fuel to pass through the hose. Only a little goes through allowing the quad to idle only.
No..that isn't rlly the case Maybe once in a while but if you use ur parking brake make sure it disengage what happens is there a safety switch running from.parking brake to a wire harness for safety so u can't Rev up sometimes when u hit a bump or you bump it or u don't push it back in it sets the safety switch make sure it in whole way I had it happen to me thought it was my carburetor but it wasn't so I put a new carb on for no reason so always check the parking parking brake and to avoid it unhook the safety switch