Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I am soooo MAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 01:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RRR,
I'm moving to Arizona man! Sounds awesome.
Otterbob,
I know how YOU feel. Not allowed to ride on the state land. But WE do anyway. They keep the trails open for hikers. I have not seen one hiker yet. And we don't see many cops and when we do they just wave. Plus to top it off we live on the Mass. border so we go ride at the state land there. You ever heard of Pittsfield State Forest? It's pretty cool.

Old 07-17-2001, 04:41 PM
Range Rover

Yes, the guy was definatly a wanna-be cop. The only reason I didn't run him and his fat a$$ wife over, was because I wasn't really sure just how much authority a DFO (Dept of Fisheries and Oceans) officer had, and I didn't wanna risk getting charged with evasion or obstruction if I did run. I checked out the DFO website, and there is no mention of ATV's or anything other than fish and fishing, so I'm going to call the DFO and find out exactly how much authority their officers really do have. Plus I'm going to file a formal complaint against him because he told me I was under arrest, but didn't read me my rights or anything, then he made us stay there while his wife verbally abused us until the real cops arrived.
The cop that came was really cool. He said he'd like to let us go, but he couldn't because a complaint was called in. He gave us the minimum fine which was still $144.00, but he didn't charge my brother for his bike not being registered.
I do know where the wanna-be lives. He stopped us right in front of his house. After a couple weeks when things cool down a bit I'm pulling the silencer out of my FMF and paying him a visit around 2:00am.
I told him when he had us stopped that if he was a nice guy about it and asked us to find another way to the trail, we would have, and that we would have told our friends too... but I told him that since he's being like this about it, next time I'm running them over, and I'm gonna make sure that none of my friends stop for him. Damn fish cop.

Old 07-17-2001, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

PIGS SUCK! oink oink oink

Old 07-17-2001, 05:02 PM
Trailblazer

Considering he is a "FISH" officer, Maybe a couple of old, smelly fish dumped on his front lawn in the hot summer sun may help change his mood. Better than that, toss them in the bushes next to his driveway so it takes a couple of days to find them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2001, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

the fish idea is great. hahaha i would get a crate of bunker(bait fish, smell really really bad around his yard. that would be great. but next time please DONT STOP, even worse wait for the cops. hehe BURN IT UP

Old 07-17-2001, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer

Gee you think that Fish Cop won't have a clue who's buzzing his house at 2:00am with a quad? Better think twice before messing with the law dude. Even if he is "only" a Fish Cop he may have friends who are coleagues who could make your life hell. Cops may not look too bright but they stick together like glue! File the complaint with his office with copies to the press or write to politicians you voted for. Be vocal and you may get some legal satisfaction. Don't give Atving another black eye.

Old 07-17-2001, 06:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Situations like yours is WHY ATVers MUST organize like the motorcycle guys and the snowmobilers do.ATV voices are NOT heard because we are not organized.

We just started to band together the ATVers in the State of Michigan.We formed an association called MATVA or the Mich All Terrain Vehicle Association.Our President is on the ORV State Board Of Directors.Which essentially means that not just ANYBODY can write our ATV laws anymore.He is an AVID ATVer with the ATVer's needs and wants allways at mind.Until you join a WELL established and recognized ATV club,these types of problems WONT go away,

Bill

Old 07-17-2001, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

There was a posting similar to this [nail boards and idiots who use them]a while back where a guy was putting boards with nails in them where the atvers ride. As inviting as revenge is, by the time of my posting 268 people read this and can be used against you in saying that you would get revenge. On the other hand all he did as a concerned citizen was call the cops about a couple roudy punks that were violating the law.
There are a couple of legal ways of getting your point across.
1- Search the website for the dapartment of transportation in your state. You may find [after literally hours of looking] that the use of atv's on road sides is legal as long as it does not interfere with traffic and is done safely. I found that it is legal to ride the shoulders and ditches in Illinois as well as cross streets as long as it is not down the street. I would imagine that home owners on streets that had very nice lawns but were between you and the riding area would rather have you ride in the street rather than on their grass.
2- Slander and defamation of character are illegal in almost every country of the world. If you were subjected to unusual, slanderous, defaming remarks you may be able to sue for defamation of character. If, for example, she said..."you F'in kids keep running up and down the street because you're trailer trash just like the rest of your family" etc you may have a case. If they attempted to stop you to talk and you said "what the F*** is wrong with you, you stupid ugly B****" then you just lost your defamation case.

Old 07-17-2001, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just go find somebody you know with a realy loud truck with loud *** bass speakers(the ones that rattle windows in your neighboors house)and ride in front of his house a few times.Thisa irritate him and his bitch wife if done long enough. aint nothing illegal about driving a truck on the rode.Or get a sports car do a big smokey burnout,if you do, leave soon.

Old 07-17-2001, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

They can right noise pollution tickets (from loud sterios)

Quick Reply: I am soooo MAD!!!