Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I am soooo MAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 12:00 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why can't people just leave us the hell alone???? Tonight, my brother and I went out for a nice ride to the beach. The only way to this beach is to take a 30 second ride down a dead end street, which turns into a trail. There are a few houses on this street, so my brother and I drove really slowly so we wouldn't disturb the people living there. We saw this couple walking up the road and I went left to avoid them, and the woman got in front of me, so I turned right, and she jumped in front of me again. Anyway, I figured she wanted to talk to me about something, so we stopped. Then her husband pulls out a badge and says he is a fisheries and wildlife officer and tells us we are under arrest for driving an atv on a highway. Meanwhile his ugly wife is standing behind him calling us every name in the book. I mean she was really getting verbally abusive. He isn't on duty, so he takes out his cell phone and calls the local cops. As we were waiting for them, his wife continues calling us everything but human. Finally, when the cops show up, the retarded couple just walk away and leave us with the police officer. The officer said he'd like to let us go, but he can't because the guy who called it in was a fisheries officer. He also told us that the guy was a power tripping nut who loved to call the police one anyone who looked at him crooked.
I am just so angry! for one thing technically, us being on the road was against the law, but there are so many damn laws, that the only thing we can legally do is drive around in circles in our own back yards, and that's assuming that our back yards are 7.5 metres (22.5 feet) away from any road, and we are wearing our helmets and our exhausts make the noise under so many decibles....etc, etc! What can we do??? This is nuts! Sorry everyone, I had to vent, but I really do wonder if there is anything we can do to put a stop to the thinking that any and all offroaders are bad news and need to be punished. The laws need changing, but how can we do this????

Old 07-17-2001, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

I would have left! Reverse on the Warrior is great...

Old 07-17-2001, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

so what happened to you and your quad?

Old 07-17-2001, 06:08 AM
Range Rover

There is a reason why they put bumpers on quads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]...use it next time...hehe

Old 07-17-2001, 08:32 AM
Range Rover

Man, in that case since even the cops can't stomach him, I would find a way to get even with him and his b**chin' wife. I don't think I would have been able to sit and let some B**ch run her motor mouth at me because I'm on a 4wheeler. So did the cop give you guys a warning or a fine? He probably thought he was some big shot after putting you guys under arrest eh? What a pr!ck!

I know this is kinda childish but man, I would find out where that guy lived and come holloween, there would be be a couple dozen eggs all over his house and vehicles, you would be sure of that..
THat would make his blood boil and then you could listen to her b**ch about something. heheh!! THeres always some people in the neighborhood that will do anything to get people with ATV'S in trouble, even if there not doing anything wrong..

L8ter, and thats enough venting for me too.. hehe!!

Old 07-17-2001, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

i feel your pain man i got two tickets right in front of my house. i was circling the house and dipping off the curb and back into my yard when the trooper was coming up the road. if i wasnt in front of my damn house i would have been long gone. no places to ride here in the town i live. i drive a half hour to ride in another town. sad thing is is there are thousands and thousands of acres of state land here in my town. i wish they would allow atvs on state land in new york. till then i dont believe my atv will get registered.

Old 07-17-2001, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider

Here's a suggestion: Borrow a friends Banshee, go back, and do some hellacious donuts in the ugly bitch's yard. LOL. Banshee's can do donuts for days, and throw a lot of grass.

Old 07-17-2001, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

He sounds like a "Want To Be Cop" I would of not even stopped to talk,after all how fast could he and her of run anyways?

Old 07-17-2001, 11:49 AM
Trailblazer

Keep voting for those liberals, they will take all your rights away and give them to the radicals.

Old 07-17-2001, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

I like it where I live. It is like the cops and the riders have an unsaid agreement. They come we run if they catch us we talk for a while look at the quads and give compliments on the quads and we go look for another cop. It is kinda cool cause out of the whole police about three EVER give tickets. When we see a cop it is like playing cops and robbers cause they have just as much fun chasing us as we have fun runnin. When they do catch us we just talk for a while give compliments and how good we run/chase and they usually like to go for rides and give each other pointers on how to catch up/runaway better.

Quick Reply: I am soooo MAD!!!