Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New track opens, Raptor Riders of North Texas

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2001, 03:23 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to start an ATV riders club here in Connecticut. The only problem is that we have know where to ride here. As a matter of fact, the majority of the motorcycle dealerships are all unionizing to sign petitions to the state sentator, demanding to open some acerage for riding areas to everyone.

IronBear

Old 07-22-2001, 04:12 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like your S.O.L. Maybe you should consider moving?!

Old 07-22-2001, 04:39 PM
Range Rover

spd rcr, what did you think of the aledo track??? Do you know of any other
places to ride???

Old 07-22-2001, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

So guys, how did the day go? any wrecks? Good air time? Keep us posted and updated.. I might make a trip out one weekend, when there's a race at weatherford.. and stop by!

Old 07-24-2001, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

Spdrcr, have you posted and pics last Saturday anywhere yet?

Old 07-25-2001, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

Sneves- I love the Aledo Track the only thing is that it was really really hot and I could only get a few laps then I had to stop to rest before I could go out again. The track in sherman (Jack Barton) is the one that I got to all the time it only takes about 20 mins to get there so it is easy for me. I am trying to get some people to go out to Aledo with me again. I am planning on going to Little Sahara over laborday weekend with some friends let me know if you want to go or anyone for the matter.

RaptorRRC-This is actually the first time I have acctually got to sit down since Sat. I didnt get any still shots I know Mark got one of me climbing out of the river up that hill I would love to get my hands on that picture. The next time I go out there I will bring out the good camera and film everyone to make a video. I have some frinds that have access to the eqipment to put it together. I loved it thats all I have been taking about since I came back. Everyone that I ride with wants to go and I am trying to get more. They loved it when I mentioned "NO BIKES" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Did Marrk put up those pictures yet?

Old 08-02-2001, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

raptorrrc- Do you know if mark got those pics back from that weekend I know he got one of me and I would like to see it.

Old 08-02-2001, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

I thought he used a digital camera... I'll ask him the next time I talk to him.

Old 08-03-2001, 07:09 PM
Trailblazer

Are you going to be out there this weekend? If so when and what time and do you mind if I stop by with a friend?

Old 08-04-2001, 02:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider

spdrcr- I have not unloaded the pics yet. I will try to get sue to do it Sat. If it turns out i will have her E-mail it to you. Been busy this week. Have thought about the track alot. I think in about 2 weeks i am going to haul in anothe 150 truck loads of dirt. Extend the landings on 3 jumps, rework the 1st 2 big ones , reshape and add dirt to the hill that comes out of the berm(that is my favorite) to make it more user friendly. I want to more than double the existing trails. I have roughed in some more trails that have not been finished on part of the property that we did not ride on. I want to

be done by sept. 1st.

rrc- waited until the hottest part of the year to put in the yard. Lack about 3 or 4 more days to finish, or heatstroke which ever comes first. I have to work over at the "projects" a few days next week, then 3 days at Galveston with the little man and i am done for a while. PLAYTIME I HOPE for the month of sept. and oct.

Quick Reply: New track opens, Raptor Riders of North Texas