Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

PLEASE READ!! And post yur opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 11:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isnt there a law where you live that allows you to drive down the highway a certain distance? Here in kentucky the state law says you can drive and atv 2/10's of a mile down the highway if you have your driver's liscense. That might not seem like that much(2/10's) but really its plenty of room to get from one trail to another. Even when i do get pulled over by cops(which i have been pulled over many times...more than 10) they alwayz tell me to be careful and act like they never saw me. even if people call in and complain. I have been warned every time but never anything done. i have even ran and the cop i ran from found me later that day and he just said to stop and not run nxt time. I hope people finally learn to just live with us atv'ers and figure out that its a hobby and sport like model cars, baketball, and all other things people do in their spare time. The only time i thik people should complain if its a loud quad late at night or its destroying somebody's property. Thinks of all the loud tucks and cars that are out their becaue of different exhaust systems(cherry bombs) an nobody complains about them but they alwayz seem to pick on us four wheeler and dirt bike riders. I think some people are just jealous because they cant ride one so they dont want us to. post your opinions on the subject too. thanks a lot everybody. RIDE ON!!!!

Old 07-19-2001, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer

i totally agree[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2001, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

I completely agree too!!

Here in Quebec, you can go 500m (half a kilometer...1.6km=1mile) to reach gas/motel/whatever you need. It's very useful in Winter when snowmobiling.

Although derek's story seems abusive by the fisherman,it also works on the other side. On b l u e t t r a x x , there is some moron, complaining that his neighbour went to him, when he was revving his engine at 9pm with no silencer. When theguy got there,the moron just revved it more not to hear him!! And now, he's mad at his neigbour because he sent the cops... There are stupid guyson both sides...I'm lucky enogh to have nice neighbors...and I avvoid revving my engine at home (with houses around). I got pulled once by cop,he just told me to get back home (I was just leaving...and the trail is 200m away!!). I got home...and got back to riding 5 minutes later.

People here are quite comprehensive, and don't really care...anyways, they're noisier withtheir lawnmowers at 8am on sundays!!! I should call the cops!! ahahahah

Old 07-19-2001, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

just goes to prove a point. To be a Fish and Game officer you must first flunk the state police exam. LOL

Old 07-19-2001, 01:07 PM
Range Rover

here in my neighborhood the people have just gotten used to me and other four wheelers being here. after many attempts they have found out that they cant stop us. they just wave and smile at us now. i was doing some recording where i was a T shaped intersection in my neighborhood cutting donuts in the middle of the road. i didnt it on tw seperate occasions and nobody said anything.