Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Kodiak Reverse Rev limiter SOLVED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I have solved the Kodiak rev limiter in rev problem. First remove the seat, then the air box. Standing on the oil filter side about 4 inches to the rear there are the tranmission sensors. The first sensors is neutral, then park, finally reverse. I used a DVOM meter to find it buy selecting differnt postion on the gear shifter. Removed the sensor then moved the shifter back and forth to see how it works. There is 12.5V in Rev position only, when the transmission is put in rev a plunger comes out of then end of the sensor causing a open circuit and the rev limiter to come on. It is a very simple fix, all that has to be done is run a wire from the sensor to ground. If the wire is removed the rev limiter/light is on all the time. What I did was run a wire from the screw head of the sensor to a toggle switch then to ground. Then it is just like a Polaris, you just make a over ride switch. This does work, you can try this but just taking a wire from the sensor to ground, then jack up the rear of the quad and see for yourself."

I can't take credit for this. The above information was copied from another atv forum.