Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Single carb manifold for Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-1999, 10:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of a source for a single carb manifold for a Yamaha Banshee 2 stroke twin?

Old 10-03-1999, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer

Trinity racing (714) 778-5123 or MF racing, the original maker.

Old 10-09-1999, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

Last month, I purchased a single carb kit for my Banshee from Trinity Racing and had several questions reference jetting, needles adjustment, etc. I am not an expert on engine modifications, but have a good understanding how to perform these types of modifications.

I telephoned Trinity's "1-800" line for assistance and was told to call back on their "regular" line that charged me long distance if I wanted to talk with anyone in customer service. I was told the 1-800 line is only designed to take orders (ie: take your money). I immediately called back on their regular line and, much to my amazement, spoke to the same person who told me to call back! Why couldn't he have just put me through to Customer Support when I first called on the 1-800 line so I could avoid paying any long distance charges???

Anyway, this was only the begining! When I asked for Customer Service, I was put on hold for several minutes (on my long distance dime!). The same person then came back on and told me "Technical Support" was too busy to take my call and to call back later in the day. I called back three more times throughout the day and received the same exact response and treatment....ie: They were too busy to talk to me.

I figure I paid for at least 20 minutes long distance during these wasted telephone calls while they figured they were "too busy to talk with me."

Well, on my fifth telephone call, I expressed my dissatisfaction and frustration and was finally put through to the "Manager" in Technical Support. Not only was he rude and short with me, he failed to answer any of my questions.

After several minutes of converstaion with the "Manager," he, without any warning whatsoever, transferred me to the nastiest, rudest person I have spoken to in a long time. She worked in their parts department and wanted to know "what I needed."

Everytime I began asking her question, she interupted me and provided an answer before I finished the question. This resulted in the wrong answer(s) since she never listened to my complete question(s). When I requested that she be more patient and allow me to finish my questions, she told me she didn't have time to speak with me.

I can honestly say that I was never rude, overbearing, demanding or anything less than very friendly during my contcat with these Trinity employees. If I had been anything less, I could understand their reluctance to help me. This simply was not the case, I was sincere, patient and understanding. This resulted in an overbearing, rude and discourteous response from the Technical Support Manager and Parts Department.

In summary, I never received the answer to any of my questions. Therefore, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TRINITY RACING FOR ANYTHING AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE. The customer service I received during my contact was anything but helpful.

Instead, I recommend to go somewhere that appreciates your business and will back up their products with friendly, helpful customer service and technical support over the telephone. There are many such companies out there.

I am sure this post will receive negative and/or controversial responses. With this in mind, I am prepared to back my unfortunate experience up with my long distance telephone records as partial proof.

I am not writing this post to "bash" or discredit anyone. If I had received better assistance on my second or third call, I would have forgotten this whole experience. Unfortunatley for me, this did not happen.

I only want to make sure that others are aware of my unfortunate experience with Trinity Racing, ie: "Buyer Beware!"

Good Luck!

Rob R.
Phoenix, AZ
98 Banshee
98 Sport 400

[This message has been edited by rob4092 (edited 10-09-1999).]

Old 10-12-1999, 12:28 AM
Trailblazer

I had a tough time with Trinity when I was shopping for engine mods for my banshee. They were not very helpful. I have had alot of luck with LRD I have their pipes and ported engine it runs great and very fast. Good Luck

Old 10-15-1999, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Rocky,

Thanks for validating my problems with Trinity. Future customers of Trinity take note!!!! You may wanna go elsewhere to spend your precious cashola!

Rob R.

Old 10-15-1999, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

well i cant say i have had bad luck wit trinity but my buddies have and the engines they make are SLOW!!! i am satisfied with duncan and portmagic

Old 10-17-1999, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard of a lot of problems at Trinity. If I ever call CT about anything important the connect me right up with Allen Knowles, the owner and master porter of the business. If Allen is not available they take down my number and have Allen call me back, and he does every time even though it is long distance. His work is awesome too.

------------------
Garrett Lowman; CT240 Blaster, YZ490

Old 10-24-1999, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer

Rob,
Thank you for your information on Trinity. Unfortunately there are a few ATV mail order places that treat their customers like this. I'm sure Trinity figured that you're a punk kid, and the most harm you can do is complain to your friends. I'm sure if they knew you were going to post that on a forum, to be read by hundreds of potential customers, you would have an apology letter by now! I will not buy from companies like this! If anyone has had problems that can save me a future headache, PLEASE POST IT! Thank you.

Fish (someone who spends too much money mail order, to be treaded like that!!)

Old 10-24-1999, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

Wow is all I can say!

I thought I would get slaughtered for my negative comments about Trinity Racing. It seems all agree that they SUCK when it come to Customer Service not only with me, but everyone else who responded.

There is a company that I cannot speak enough about. They are Lonestar Racing out of Tempe Arizona. Not only are there productes first rate and reasonably priced, their Customer Service is nothing short of PHENOMINAL!!!

If you need anything for a Banshee, 250R, 400ex, etc., get a hold of Dan (Owner) or Lori (foxy and first-class girlfriend of Dan) at (480) 831-0062. Not only will they take the time to speak with you, they will give you honest information. Let the know "Rob R." sent you and they will probably pay you special attention.

Hey Trinity (especially the parts lady), learn something from Lonestar and get with it. If you don't, be advised, word is spreading fast and the line at the Bankruptcy Courts is getting longer so I am told.

Rob R.

Old 10-24-1999, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer

I had a bad experience with DG. I had a seam on a filter split on the first ride, so I told them about it. The guy argued with me the whole time as if replacing this defect would send DG out of business! I finally said, "well I just called to see if you stand behind your products." And he said, "no we don't stand behind 'em." That almost knocked me over!! I couldn't believe he'd say that!

I read in dirtwheels where a reader had problems with them replacing a "lifetime guaranteed" axle.

Thanks for the info on lonestar. That will be my next axle.

I have had really good experiences with magic racing, Nac's racing, CT, Duncan racing, and Rocky mountain ATV. I hope they do well!

Quick Reply: Single carb manifold for Banshee