Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptors Re-Called

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2001, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Raptor660RNH~

Give it up, let's see the info on this. What's the websites url so we can see this for our selves.

Wait a minute! I just reread this and seen "catalytic converter", Raptors don't have these, do they? I have never seen this on My DS or my buddies Raptors. Come-on, who's pulling who's chains here!

Old 08-20-2001, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

Damn right, Im pretty sure that the engines and trannies are assembeled in a totally different part of the plant than the rest of the quad, and are shipped to that section of the plant as they are needed. Are we to believe that there are "Blue" engines and "White and Silver" ones? Probably not, im guessing that both colors have the same engines and trannies and were built without knowing what color machine they would end up in Im not saying that you are wrong or lying, but Id sure as hell believe it when I get my notice in the mail, and Im with the other guys, where did you read this? how about a .COM to go check out.

Old 08-21-2001, 12:01 AM
Trailblazer

Looks like a snipe hunt to me...

Old 08-21-2001, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

ha ha ha. You must have a lot of time on your hands at work to come up with that story RaptorNH. As for the rest of you guys I am the anonymous white raptor owner. RaptorNH and I met on this site and started riding together, and now ofcourse that try sign of friendship, Picking on each other. The war has started >>>>>>>

Old 08-21-2001, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

this is fake. even if the parts where made for the different colors in different assembly lines they would still be using the same parts, therefore both colors would have this problem. besides i have heard many stories of blue raptors having tranny problems. this kinda reminds me of the yellow 400EX is faster than the red one post...

Old 08-21-2001, 12:25 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Oh my gosh this is not a fake. The yes program at yamaha got swapped with requests and had to shut down the web site temporarily yesterday. First question is model ID (frame no.). Second Question is model/color ID which is located on top of air box lid. WOW, I have a problem black/white Raptor because of these numbers. Chet

Old 08-21-2001, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

RAPTORYFM660r,

I'm not going to take this "hook, line and sinker" just yet, but it would be a great move on Yamaha's part to restore some of the faith that I had (now about 0%) that a company the size of Yamaha cared about their customer and not just their bottom line profits.

IF this is true, was it the newer or older bikes that were affected? I think I'm within the first 1000 for Raptors produced. Was the recall directed toward the transmission and what would that have to do with the smell other than a burning clutch that a lot of us have replaced?!

Links to prove it please and you'll more than likely get the "atv connection message board reporter of the year" award.hehe

Old 08-21-2001, 04:50 PM
Banned

Hi Raptor660RNH,

Did the Yamaha web site specify what they were going to do to resolve the problem? Are they going to fix the gearing? Are they going to resolve the problem with the gap between 1st and 2nd gear? I own a blue machine and I haven't noticed any problems with the transmission other than the large gap between gears.

IronBear

Old 08-21-2001, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry for the delay in response.

Ironbear...Not to worry I've spoken to Yamaha directly. The plan on making good. all White Raptors will be re-called and replaced with Blue ones. As far as the riders are concerned. For making the mistake of purchasing a W/ Raptor they plan on " slicing you like lettuce, tossing you like salad, then revoking your ATV license and making your riding invalid"

It's a JOKE. Come on guys...catalytic convertors on atv's? where's swytak or noturaptor when you need them. sorry i should not have let this go on this long. But it was funny as hell.

By the way Chasman just purchased a sweet sissy bar from lonestar. it only fits the white Raptors so get your orders in. I heard they are going fast...

Old 08-21-2001, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

...catalytic convertors..... We just thought that you were the one that had part of the story wrong.

By the way, I guess blue is the color to get. That way, after you bend the fenders, you'll have both blue and white, hahaha.. I don't know how many blue Raptors that I've saw that had the white stripe on the fenders... That's the main reason I thought ahead and went with white/black.

Quick Reply: Raptors Re-Called