Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

more power?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2001, 12:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i need more power for my warrior i want to know if anyone bought a K@N powerkit and if it made alot of difference cause i am thinkin to buy one but i don't want to blow my money if it dosen't do anything i am getting a pipe in a couple of days besides those two things anything else anyone knows of that will get me more power.

Old 08-21-2001, 03:36 AM
Pro Rider

I put the K&N jet kit in along with a K&N air filter with an Outerwears water repellant filter cover on it and it made a big difference. I cut a huge rectangle hole in the airbox lid and removed the snorkle from the airbox lid and that made a huge difference. I also removed the baffle out of the stock silencer. My White Bros. E-Series Pro Meg will be here tomorrow and that will give me even more hp. Go for the jet kit and the K&N air filter they are both worth the money. Couple those mods with the silencer you said was coming in a couple of days and you'll be all set. Do yourself a favor and do something with the airbox lid. Cut a hole in it or drill some holes to let some air get to the filter. You'll be surprised how these mods wake up the Warrior!

Old 08-21-2001, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

I have 2 qestions for ridnwarrior. When you took off the baffle what happends does it sound cooler? And how much was it for the k&n filter and jet kit.?

Old 08-22-2001, 01:08 AM
Range Rover

How did you get the baffle out, I had a hard time with mine.

Old 08-23-2001, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

To get the baffle out of the stock silencer you have only one bolt to remove. After that bolt is out I used an old screwdriver and hammer to tap all the way around the baffle to tap it out. It took awhile but after working my way all around the baffle it finally came out. It really doesn't matter now because I finally received my White Bros. E-Series Pro Meg silencer. That makes a big difference over stock! With or without the baffle. Removing the baffle just made more noise, it didn't improve hp. I didn't have to richen or lean out the carb after I removed it either. Just sounds alot better. I would remove the baffle if I were you.
Through Rocky Mountain ATV the jet kit was $45.00 and the K&N filter with Outerwears was $40.00

Old 08-23-2001, 06:28 PM
Range Rover

You can get the K&N power kit for about 80. I have it on mine and it works good. I have a couple of other recommendations for power. Get a high comp piston and a cam. They make a world of difference. So does a bigger carb. From what I hear, Curtis Sparks makes a high rev CDI box and also makes a degreeable cam gear. This way you can adjust when the valves go through the cycle and improve overall performance. Sheck all of that ou, you will have one he!! of a warrior. Mine is Bored .040 over w/a high comp piston, WB cam, 38mm carb, K&K power kit. It is already fast and I want to get the cam gear and rev box to see what it can do. I also hear from a reputable engine builder that there is a company who makes a cam that is much better than powroll, WB, and webcam. I would tell you the name but I forgot the name of them. It is a wild cam and costs a little over the $400 mark. If anyone knows the cam I am talking about, let me know who the company name is. I really want to do some research on it. He said with the combo of that cam, a 12:1 piston, 38mm carb and some other modifications, he has built a warrior that was radared at 96 MPH. I am not lying one bit. He is a very reputable engine builder and has done engine work for many top notch quad and bike racers. The company is FS racing.

Old 08-25-2001, 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

With the WB PM scielncer my warrior is awsome. I have never ridden a stock warrior becasue i rebuilt mine from start. But with the WB PM on it is a wheelie monster and also is very loud. I got the quite core insert and now it is like a stock warrior sound but more grunty.