Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

When is Yamaha going to improve its 4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-1999, 06:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if Yamaha is going to improve its 4x4?Honda and Arctic Cat have both improved theirs.I think if Yamaha would put a real 4wd into their quads they would see sales soar.If it wasnt for their reliability problem I would buy a Polaris.But I will still take a Yamaha limited slip over any other because of its dependability.

Old 10-29-1999, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What Yamaha model 4x4 you talking about?I know for a fact that the Grizz is certainly NOT Yamaha's most dependable 4x4.

Old 10-29-1999, 07:22 PM
Range Rover

all yamahas.The Grizz may not be as reliable as the other Yamaha quads but is still more reliable than a Polaris.I believe the Polaris will outmud anything.But like I say from what Ive read and even resale value will show Yamaha more dependable than Polaris.

Old 10-29-1999, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

I bought a Y2k "Grizz" in August. I am very happy with it. I have 128 miles on it now. It gets worked hard and played with hard. The milage around here is pretty low because of all the swamps. The pace is slow but the scenery is excelent. I ride to enjoy and I dont ride to badger. I agree that the Polaris Sportsman is better in the mud. A buddy of mine rides a Sportsman and he does go through more than I can. But when all is said and done we can sit at a campfire with a couple of beers and laugh, not critisize. I love my grizzley and he loves his sportsman. This is what it is all about to me and the people that I ride with.

ENJOY YOUR RIDE NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE AND ALWAYS HELP OUT ANOTHER ATVER NO MATTER WHO HE/SHE IS OR WHAT HE/SHE RIDES!

------------------

Old 10-31-1999, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer

Lyle, nicely said.
Brand loyalty is very often gone when the quad brakes down.
I think if I spend $ 6000 for a quad , it has to fit my needs. Regardles the manufacturer. If I had a problem with it, than I'd try to look at all circumstances,before condemning the brand.
I have to admit ,that I would be looking into american owned and made first. I still believe we could make the best products in the world in any field...if we wanted to.
I work in the field, where things made in 1960' were much more reliable and much better made than nowadays. Way better.
But the corporate climate simply dictate
what to do and why ,in order to survive and make a profit.
/I bougt an air compressor 1986 at Sears for $399, I saw same one last week for $ 369!
How many times over 13 years the manufacturer had to compensate just for cost of living???? Etc,etc. So, he had to sacrifice something , somewhere..../

Just my opinion, I do not want to go any further.

J.C.99 Sportsman500 almost 1000 miles on that, abused , all original parts, just changed the oil once. /I destroyed 2 belts, my fault, I was just " testing " how far I can push it/. I rolled it over sideways, I bent the handle bars, bend it back , started it , no problem since.

Trail Boss 325, 600 miles, noisy,vibrating too much, poor low end power, other than that ,fine. Fun bike for the money I paid for.
Reliability report will be available as soon as I reach 50 000 miles on them..