Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

If you Financed an ATV--Please read

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I was just about to buy probably a Blaster, possibly a Banshee. If you don't mind me asking, with no money down, how much do you guys pay a month? And for how long? I just wanted to get a general idea before I go to the dealer, so nothing is a shock and I know what I can afford. Thanks!

Old 09-26-2001, 03:55 PM
Pro Rider

I just bought a raptor, well about a month or so ago and I did the yamaha financing. I did not put anything down and they have a promo going that is like 3.9% until march and only $30 a month. After that period I think the payment would be like $100 or so. I plan on paying mine off asap. I will be making like $500 a month payments in order to payoff by next year. I would not want to finance and only pay the minimum payments as it will probably drag it out for quite awhile.

This is the yamaha card deal that I went with and I think after the intro period the interest jumps to like 17%. It is basically a credit card that yamaha puts their name on. You might want to check with your bank and see what kind of deal they can give you.

I did it because it was quick and easy and I knew that I would pay it off within a year.

Paul

Old 09-26-2001, 06:19 PM
Range Rover

If possible try to purchase your quad out of state where they don't charge TTL & that way you only pay for the sticker price of the quad. This can save you at least $500.

01 Blk/White Raptor (stock)
01 Blu/White GSX-R750 (stock)

Old 09-26-2001, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer

For those of you that are purchasing your quads with the Yamaha card...be prepared to wait a good while after paying it off to get the title. Mine was paid off Sept 1, and I called yesterday to see where the heck my title was, and they told me I have to call and REQUEST that they send it to me. What kind of BS is that??

Anyhow, as far as payments go, our Kodiak was 109 a month (in April). I think it has went up, not sure though. If you finance with Yamaha, be prepared to make some big payments...that 17% will KILL YOU! Basically, whatever payment you make, only 1/4 to 1/2 of it will go towards the balance, the rest of it pays the monthly interest. If you can finance any other way, I'd go that way. Even if the only thing you can do is make minimum payments, but stick your income tax money on it, that's better than nothing. After you get the balance down, try to get another loan for it. Something with better interest rates. We only had ours financed with Yamaha for like 4 months...and we had only taken our principal down $200. But yet, we had made over $400 in payments. They'll get you one way or another. And that goes for a lot of the credit cards out there now. Off the subject, if you want a credit card, try for a citibank...our interest rates right now are 11.87 (we've got 3 of them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

That's my 2 cents.
Amy

Old 09-26-2001, 10:31 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I know America was built on credit. In times when we are going in a recession I don't think its a good idea to finance a depreciating asset. Save your money up and pay for it in full the day you pick it up. You will feel better about the purchase since you own it. Chet

Old 09-26-2001, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

Good one!.....NOT!

C'mon, buy buy buy! The only reason there will be a recession is because people freak and don't spend.

Old 09-27-2001, 08:37 AM
Range Rover

The yamaha card without a doubt is the shadiest credit card company I have ever dealt with! Its actually household retail and yamaha puts there name on it . Do a search on yamaha financing there was a long thread a couple of months ago on here about there shady practices. It doesnt matter when you send your payment they will find a way and excuse to charge you a late fee. I dont know how they figure your interest but it doesnt go down hardly any if you pay minimum. It would probably take eight years or more to pay it off. And the people who man their phones are as nasty as can be. They must get alot of irate calls? Yamaha is doing a disservice to their customers by letting this company claim to be backed by them. Your best bet is to try and go through your bank. Or to try another credit card company.

Old 09-27-2001, 09:27 AM
Range Rover

Here in Texas if you go to a bank or credit union for a loan on a quad you have to carry full coverage insurance on it and that was going to cost me $45.00 a month. They would have givin me 8% intrest but I did the math and if you pay the quad off in a year you won't pay anymore using the Yamaha card. And Phil Moore is SO RIGHT if every one stops spending the country WILL GO INTO A RECESSION. I know every one wants to watch what they spend money on but without that spending the economy will suffer. So don't clam up and shut the wallet, just use good judgement. If you have the extra money and can afford the payments go for it, if you are barely getting by then it would be a good ideal to wait a while. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-27-2001, 11:29 AM
RIP Dear Friend

America is built like a straw house (Three little pigs story) because every one wants instant gratification. I Still say in times like this you should not purchase an item that in 5 to 6 years is fully depreciated (almost worthless) unless you can afford to purchase it with cash. Right now you need to invest in the stock market which presents an opportunity for capital appreciation at these levels. I am not saying to stop spending money. Invest in America's industry. Chet

Old 09-27-2001, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

This is my third account with household, they are used by many companies to provide factory financing. I bought some tires and wheels for my jeep, and household was the finance company, I bought a bowflex and household was the finance company and now the raptor.

I have never been charged a late fee and have always made my payments on time. I do think that if you are going to carry the balance for a couple of years, you should look elsewhere, but if you plan to pay it off early, I would go this route.

If you look at any credit card, if all you pay is the minimum payment, you will never pay off that balance, I have seen it myself.

It will take decades to pay off balances at the bare minimum payments, on the upside it is nice to be able to only pay a very small payment in case other things come up and then be able to pay more when you have the funds. I will have my quad paid in full by mid summer next year and I know I will not have a problem doing that.

Paul

Quick Reply: If you Financed an ATV--Please read