Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine Plowing Snow?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-1999, 12:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anybody ever trie plowing snow with a wolverine? How did it go? im thinkin about doin that and i also need to know what the best plow kit might be. CycleCountry, Moose, Warn? Thanks

Old 12-24-1999, 05:18 PM
jed
Weekend Warrior

scott, i have a 00 wolv and bought a 50 inch moose and it works great. i looked at the cycle country they are pretty cheaply built and have no runners for setting your depth the moose is also great for moving dirt and stone on a small scale (beats shoveling) hope this helps some.

Old 12-25-1999, 08:30 PM
Trailblazer

Jed,

I'm gonna have to contradict that statement. I looked for quite some time at plows.

My 2 cents,

I bought the CC 48" Yellow. It has depth adjustments and just try to get any info. on the Moose plow. I called the company direct as well as others I know. They sent a brochure that doesn't have any of their plows even listed when I specifically inquired about their plows specifically.

I called Cycle Country, I had a great experience. Outstanding customer feedback, and my bud had bent the frame on his plow, His fault, and they warrantied no ?'s asked.

Heresay, the designer of the Moose plow worked for CC as well. Their design of the tilting mech is different I did notice.]

Cheaply built? Same gauge as the Moose. Just curious how is it cheaply built?

I just seen a pic of the Warn for the firs time yesterday. Somehow I never heard of it a couple months ago when I was searching pretty hard, but I'd have to say I liked what I saw.

My CC cost me with a manual lift 370.00 at the dealer F.Y.I.

I'm not ******* Moose's quality as I haven't used one, but I'm happy with my CC on my 99' Wolv and does it work great.

Good Luck, That's why there is more than one choice, everyone's needs and opinions are different.

I was really leaning toward the Moose but after speaking from a rep from both companies and looking for info on the net on both of them, you'll find that the CC appears to be marketed and supported a bit better in my opinion.

Good luck

Musclford

[This message has been edited by musclford (edited 12-25-1999).]

Old 12-27-1999, 10:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a heavy 42" tractor blade (2x heavier) converted to the Cycle Country brackets. Lifting it is not for flyweights. My old TRX 350 handled it like it wasn't there. The Wolverine gets tossed around a bit more. Maybe the difference is the extra 100 pounds on the Honda. Getting a "run" at the snow and banks will tear up anything you buy. You may want to evaluate the need for a wider blade. You should check the archives, I remember reading some good information there too.

Cycle Country is very good to work with. When I sold my Honda the buyer wanted me to throw in the plow. Ha. I called Cycle Country and explained my situation. They figured what parts I needed, did some creative pricing and got me setup for about $100.

Moose played some games with my friends. They sold a plow and lift kit before they had designed the brackets for the Arctic Cat 300. Not good when they ship the blade in November and say the rest will ship in February. They have not had any hardware problems after they got all the parts.

Dave 97' Wolverine

Old 12-27-1999, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott A. I have a CC plow on my Sportsman and I love it.It mounts and dis-mounts in less than a minute.I personally see nothing '' cheap'' about a CC plow.===BILL

------------------

Old 12-27-1999, 01:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 99 Wolv. and have a cyclecountry 48' plow on it. Works beautifully, love it, and has made snow plowing very enjoyable. Bought the plow and kit for 300$ and had to pay UPS 56$ to get it. If anyone owns a Wolverine and lives where it snow's, highly suggest a plow for it. Let it snow some more, love it!

Old 12-27-1999, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all your help guys but for christms i got a 97 Wolverine, which i was excpecting, and a 48" CC plow. I love it. it was easy to install, about a half hour, and it comes on and off in less than a minute as one of you said. looks great too. well thats what i would reccomend now w/ my experiance and thaks again for your help guys.