Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Suzuki Z400 and a Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 01:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well Look at it this way, Maybe Its a Yellow Raptor that will finally have a tranny and clutch that holds together!

Ron
----------

01 Kodiak
99 Ktm 300 exc

Old 11-10-2001, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Think about it...Someone had to compete w/ the EX, then come the DS, which started the big motor craze, than came the Raptor(and its b*tches), cannondale totally kicked ars w/ all aluminum frame, fuel injection, and race shocks and FMF pipe from the factory, Suzook finally introduced a new racer, and rumors are polaris and kawasaki are working on sport quads, which means Honda and Yammie will hafta start introducing bigger and better quads to stay competative, so why not be glad everyone's making sport quads. No matter how fast or awesome the raptor b*tches think their quads are there always will be another brand quad twice as fast and twice as awesome( 1 word-QUADZILLA) so quit cry baby-whiny-arsin' about another new sport quad bevause you feel threatened......You almost think you all are havin' a mid life crisis and suffer from a severe case of ***** envy...

Old 11-11-2001, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, Bubba's right...I think God rides a Raptor...(sarcasm), and whoever dares saying it's not the fastest bestest thing on earth should be killed!

Old 11-11-2001, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

If they use the DRZ 400 engine and don't detune it that thing will be king. It weighs right in there with the cannndale and will be just as powerful if not more. I think I read that that engine was like 38 horsepower in the dirt bike.

We will have to wait and see, I personally am glad to see another sport quad. I just wish the manufacturers would build a big bore real performance quad. I think that a 650 or 660 engine should blow the doors off everything including the banshee. To see raptors just barely beating slightly modded 400's is an embarasement to yamaha. The cannondale blows everything away stock and it is a 432cc. Why don't more of these companies use fuel injection.

Sorry to rant. I like the raptor, but it should be more powerful stock.

Bat

Old 11-11-2001, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Fasternu

Hopped up banshees wax hopped up zilla's in the dunes. So your completely wrong that they are the king. Lets be real though nobody leaves any machine stock. You have a right to rant, but throwing up at the mouth is a little much. Some people here including myself race my Raptor and go in the mountains, and hit the dunes. A Raptor may not be the best, and no machine is, but it can do all these areas exceptionally well and a hell of alot better then a Zilla.. I am far from brand loyal, but you are assuming everybody bought a Raptor because it's the fastest. Your assumptions are wrong. A Zilla may beat a Raptor or anything else for that matter, but when things start turning and jumping the zilla falls farther and farther behind. And yes I am getting the 2nd Z-400 at my dealer. I don't trash other rides, I just speak from 35 previous rides. Do I expect a Z-400 to beat a raptor on a track, yes I do, when modded. Oh, my new ride will be for my wife.

Old 11-11-2001, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

A. I never said Quadzilla was king.

B. I never once mentioned anything about a Banshee(which I sign papers for this wed.-I love 2-strokes)

C. Raptor owners think their 4-wheelers are the fastest, I don't assume they are.

D. I have yet to be out manuvered or out powered(duh!)where we ride...true, I don't ride MX tracks or nothing, but big bowls, skidder trails, and fire rides can definatley show a "dominate quad"

PS....I ride w/ 3 EX's, 2 Raptors, 2 TRX250Rs, 1 DS, 1 banshee, and a quadracer 250...and all have one kind of a mod or other, and they all seem to have bounties on my head..