Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Suzuki Z400 and a Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2001, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah, in my last post I ment to say topic not post. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-19-2001, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

big bubba u say the DS 650 engines comes froma streetbike and the raptor is still faster..the raptor is a streetbike engine too and also believe what u will but in most cases a ds650 is faster than a raptor on top end. a person can't handle 60 horses on an mx track? wow i bet a lot of the pros quads are pushin pretty close to that. i know how you feel tho u think yhour raptor is the best and unbeatable. i used to be the same way with my LT so i know what your goin through. i'm not trying to diss you or anything but i'm just stating the facts. and also you misunderstood what i said about a raptor being weak. their aren't weak when compared to other quads but they ARE weak when compared to what they should be.

Old 10-19-2001, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, and you misunderstood when I said that post! I said that the Raptor was a streetbike engine also! The DS is only .5 mph faster, that aint sayin much! The Banshee was the king for 15 years, nothing could beat it! It was a streetbike engine too and guess what? It was VERY tuned down also, and still nothing could beat it! Put a set of good pipes and intake on that thing and it adds 15-20hp Problem solved, engine tuned! Same thing goes for the Raptor, the whole engine being tuned down thing is very easily fixable! Thats what I did to mine and it kills stock!

-Darren

Old 10-19-2001, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

actually the zilla was king and right now the banshee is still king. also the banshee is nowhere nearly tuned down as much as a raptor is. the 15-20 hp increase is partly due to the 2 stroke motor (2 strokes respond better to mods) but you are right the stock pipes do suck.

Old 10-19-2001, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

Freakystone, you are exactly right when you stated that top speed means very little in the real world. Who cares if a quad is a .5 mph faster than another one.

Old 10-19-2001, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

Exatcally! See now we are getting along [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] At least we agree on something!

-Darren

Old 10-20-2001, 11:59 PM
Range Rover

It means somthing when I ride, There have been many times we have layed into them on a straight away of paved road, it sucks getting passed. You dont know what you are missing if you havent been in the draft at 70 or so

91 TRX350X
85 ATC250R
86 ATC200X

Old 10-21-2001, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<< HAHA! Suzuki has been copying designs before quads even came out! Like all the Suzuki dirtbikes ever made. Take a look at older Suzuki bikes they all look just like Yamaha or Honda it's hilarious!

-Darren
>>

Really, way way way back before you where probably born Suzuki was winning world MX GP titles (69, 70, 71) before any other Jap manufacturer. There limited production RH 250 and then the First RM's turned the mx world on its ear, fast, good handling and reliable. It was a tight fight with yamaha for the first production water cooled 125's the RM water cooler was a run away success, the Yam fizzed abit. RM full floater single shock suspension followed Kawasakis uni trak but was alot better than the Yam monoshock, Honda was in there too, they probably made the nicest twin shock rear 250 but everyone else leaped ahead to the linkage back end.......who copied who.......

Geez man as for quads, everyone copied Suzuki...........

Road bikes, hmmmmmm never saw Honda put a 500 cc four cylinder two stroke road bike into production, light weight alloy perimeter chassis and 96hp......... suzuki did, Yam followed suit also..........

Old 11-09-2001, 02:27 AM
Range Rover

Don't count suzuki out. Remember the Quadzilla. That old and not so high tech will eat a raptor.

Old 11-09-2001, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

Agreed a Quadzilla pulls away from the Raptor no problem. My (actually used to be mine now my brothers) 1989 LT500 Pulls away from a stock Raptor (My stock Raptor) no problem. We raced I took the holeshot and shortly therafter the quadzilla went blazing by. I have since added a stage 2 jet kit, K&amp;N filter, White brothers R4 and drilled out the airbox. It feels faster but I still think the LT is faster haven't had a chance to race yet.

Quick Reply: Suzuki Z400 and a Raptor?