Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Suzuki Z400 and a Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh my f*ckin god! Can you believe how much of a rip off the new Suzuki is to the Raptor!? The plastic is almost a perfact match, then they have what looks like eyes in the front just like the Raptor headlights, where the Suzuki headlights are it looks just like the radiator spot on the Raptor, the seat is the same shape, the bumper is exatcally the same, and it's even got a little plastic thing on the handle bars for the key and neutral light. If this isn't a complete rip off I don't know what is!!! It makes me laugh that Suzuki is so desperate to get sales that the can't even think up there own design for fear of it not being liked by the public! Thats my opinion on the subject, what do you guys have to say?

-Darren

Old 10-17-2001, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Suzuki invented the fourth wheel.....enough said!

Old 10-17-2001, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Let's not forget where their reverse switch is. lOL.... Atleast now you can get yellow raptor plastic. LOL

Old 10-18-2001, 03:12 AM
Pro Rider

They figured why mess with success. I too think they had no imagination on this one, but I guess it's a tribute to how bitchin' the Raptor looks. The Yamaha stylists definately hit the nail on the head with this bike. Suzuki needs to get some originality of their own.

Old 10-18-2001, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

even thought the plastic looks the same lets see if it has "yamacrease" built into it..lol! cant wait to see how reliable the thing is for an all new first year quad.

Old 10-18-2001, 10:36 AM
Range Rover

Hey Big flubba, relax pea-brain! I read a post just like this dated back to the mid 80's where some radical Suzuki faithful was quoted as saying:

"Oh my f*ckin god! Can you believe how much of a rip off the new Yamaha quad is to the Suzuki quad!? The plastic is almost a perfact match, then they have what looks like a fourth wheel next to the front wheel, the Yamaha also has a double fender on the front like the Suzuki, the seat is the same shape, and it has a bumper. If this isn't a complete rip off I don't know what is!!! It makes me laugh that Yamaha is so desperate to get sales that the can't even think up there own design for fear of it not being liked by the public! Thats my opinion on the subject, what do you guys have to say?"

Moron!

Old 10-18-2001, 11:31 AM
Trailblazer

I like the color, will probably get one this spring.

Old 10-18-2001, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Anyone get a look at the tires??? Gotta love that Raptorette, it's the quad Yamaha should have built as the Raptor 400. If it was a spy photo and not on the Zuk website I'd bet everyone would be saying " First look, Raptor 400!"

Old 10-18-2001, 02:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<< relax pea-brain >>

Freakystone, please no insulting language.....it just starts meaningless posts.

On the Z400.....we have a new sport quad! We should rejoice! Who cares if it looks like a Raptor? The Raptor is usually considered a nice-looking quad. Granted, 'Zuki engineers should have &quot;personalized&quot; their quad more, but it is looks awesome on paper and will be another option for the starving sport quad market!!!!

Old 10-18-2001, 02:54 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe Suzuki just saw what Yamaha failed to see, a market for a &quot;not quite&quot; Raptor. Sort of a 400EX with reverse. It's apparently the perfect companion (wife,g/f) quad for the Raptor rider. My other half never uses the Raptor up to it's potential (not that I do either) A slightly lesser machine that is several hundred to a thousand-ish dollars cheaper is quite a blessing. Be nice if they offer it in Black and White too! Anybody good with photo software care to do a raptor color scheme, lets see how it looks!

Quick Reply: Suzuki Z400 and a Raptor?