Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly Silver paint plastic problems? Which color is best?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Humm, I don't know about the two thumbs down(for the blue), I like it. But I guess it's a matter of preference. My friend ordered the silver Grizz but changed his mind and ordered the blue, after hearing about the paint probs. It doesn't make much of a difference because a few minutes into our ride, it gets covered in mud. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Have a look at his pics, 2002 Grizz with Bi/Tri-Claws: photos.yahoo.com/mudgrizz

Old 11-06-2001, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer

this ride is fat . just picked up yesterday. short review. best quad i ever rode, after 10 mins me and the ind rear were like one. motor is real smooth never had to use low gear felt real tqure off the bottom. dealer had the bike on the showroom with itp chrome rims and 27 inch titan m/t.

little short on cash so we mounted the stockers, thinkin about going to get them tommorow. the silver color with chrome wheels had to be seen to be believed really nice looking. bang few small trees today paint did not show scratches. really happy with the silver maybe yamaha will make the
color using gray plastic who knows.
thinking about getting
some contact paper maybe for the sides not sure how that who look or help. also have the tholle limter set to half thttole for 1st 10 hrs then 3/4 setting till 20 hrs and then have the screw all the way out back to stock positiom.

anybody whos having problems with the side cover mine needed little adjustment. had to losen the 3 screws on the fender and push upward on the floorboard where needed. tabs on the cover in places could be longer but man this quad is AWESOME. bye for now keep you posted.

Old 11-06-2001, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

Tony G
I like the red, but at the same time I feel red is more of a honda or polaris color. Maybe that's just drilled in my head from seeing honda being red all the time, but I tell you my first choice was silver, but once i saw the overspray and chips I stayed far away from that. Has is chipped on you yet? you have a 2001 or 2002, the bottom of your post say 01? thought being silver it was 02, just curious

Old 11-06-2001, 08:08 PM
Range Rover

Hey GrrBear,

That is one nice Grizzly your friend has. The tires really make the machine look more aggressive and fit the machine better than the stockers. Nice pics! I would like to see that video of him clawing through the mud. Were u guys going through hydro line trails there? Looks like that type of trail from the looks of it, down here if you want mud, just hit the hydro lines and your sure to find something.. Reminds me of a Blue Grizz that there raffleing tickets on in the mall down here, it has Mud Bugs setup and they look awesome. Crossing my fingers to win it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Slywolf75's ATV Denn

Old 11-06-2001, 08:39 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 02' Silver, that was a typo on my part (01'). Yeah, it has one chip and I have no idea how it got there. It also has a minor scratch as well. However I'd buy it again in a second, I just need that Clear-Guard I mentioned in the last post.
One note of consern, that push bar must be made out of tin foil! Be very careful with it, don't bump any trees with it if you can avoid it and don't ever pull anything with it. I tagged a tree about 3" in diameter and just a slight bum...so slight I never got off the bike to give it a second thought. At home while I was washing it I found the end section pushed into the plastic under the headlight...oh well.

Tony

Old 11-07-2001, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

I am surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. I have a camo Grizz, when you scratch it its a black scratch and very hard to find. Reasons being the camo itself has black streaks all over it, so its very hard to distenguish the scratches from the black color streaks. It takes a while to figure out what is a scratch and what isn't. My 2 cents thats all.

Old 11-07-2001, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

just installed set of itp rims with set of 27 titans now my tires stick out farther then my fenders. silver rocks . now my tires will most likley hit before my fenders should help little.

Old 11-07-2001, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

Gerrbear, those tires are bada$$ how does your buddy like them on hard packed, and mud? tony G I just bought a pull bar that goes on the front of the grizzly push bar, should i not use it?

Old 11-08-2001, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

Showar94, the tires(Bi/Tri-Claws) are good on hard packed and needless to say excellent in the mud. My friend and I are running the same tires on both our bikes. These tires have stiff sidewalls and will give a rougher ride than stocks. But hey, it's an ATV and I don't mind the rough ride. Another thing, these tires fling mud up into the air like there's no tomorrow! Which ever one of us rides behind usually keeps a good distance to avoid getting slapped by a chunk of mud.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Slywolf75 wanted to know if our pictures were taken along hydro lines. Well, it looks like that kinda trail but no. It's a trail east of Montreal which runs along a highway.
We're going to put these tires through another test on the weekend.. A mountain trail with rocks, rocks, and more mud...

Old 11-08-2001, 01:14 AM
Trailblazer

tony, what is clear-gaurd and where can i get some.

Quick Reply: Grizzly Silver paint plastic problems? Which color is best?