Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anybody seen a Raptorette 80 Yet??

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2001, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still waiting here in New Mexico. The dealer says they tell him what month it is coming and don't know when till it shows up at the door. It's November. I have dibs on the only one my dealer is getting. And we're going to cut it up immediately and put a Blaster A-arm front end on it with Works shocks plus Douglas wheels and the complete "Widetrack" treatment. I have the Blaster parts, tires and wheels and the operating room is ready for the Franken/Raptorette/Blaster. How about we call it the Rapster?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-05-2001, 10:01 PM
RIP Dear Friend

fourlix,
Who is the lucky one that gets to ride it.

Chet

Old 11-06-2001, 09:37 AM
Range Rover

I was getting ready to ask ya if you have heard anything about the little raptors. The dealers around here either don't know or won't tell when they will get some. They would be fools to not get them out alittle before x-mas.

Old 11-06-2001, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Asfastasu, Hey I'm thinking of keeping the front tire/wheels so I can use the Raptorette axle assembly to make an ATV trailer or wheelbarrow or something. I will still let you have the rear tires/wheels, which I think is what you really wanted anyway isnt it? I'll still let you have them for $50. I already have the new tires and wheels. Hope that's okay, but that's the only way I can use that axle assembly is if I have the tires/wheels for it.

Old 11-06-2001, 01:33 PM
Range Rover

All I needed was the rears. Someone before we got it, rode the little devil with the rear lug nuts loose and it made the holes in the wheels look more like slots.

Old 11-14-2001, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Geez, Yamaha even sent me a nice little blue postcard saying they were arriving, nothing yet.... Anybody seen one yet?

Old 11-14-2001, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, and as far as the transformation goes, I just got some DOM 1" tubing, mild steel, .065" wall thickness, UPS from Pulley Engineering. $48 for 4 - 8' pieces. And here's the really good news, I can bend it with a 3/4" conduit bender! I had ordered a bender from JD Square, but that was going to cost $400. That is now cancelled. The POS "pipe bender" from Northern, totally worthless, is going back. That dough now goes back into the kitty for the works shocks.Yamaha BRING IT ON! I am ready to make a REAL Raptorette out of the reskinned Badger.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] But has anybody seen one?

Old 11-14-2001, 11:16 PM
The Facility

Yeah, we got ours last Saturday. Three of 'em. Look pretty cool. Same engine that was in the Badger, 3 spd.

We serviced on as a demo and rode it around the parking lot for kicks. Some dude drove up and seen us, looked at it, and bought it and one more for his boys for Christmas. Tuesday, the guys brother-in-law came to see if we still had the last one and bought it! Now we are out till the end of December!

It pulls an adult pretty good. Even a second gear wheelie with a pull on the bars. Doesn't go as fast as the Honda 90 or Quadsport 80, but looks faster than anything but the Raptor 660!

KNOWSALOT

P.S. We also got the new Bombardier DS90 two stroke in last week. That thing could be used by an adult! It flat out hauls!!!

Old 11-15-2001, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I saw one at my dealer the other day, It looks cool, but the lights are just for looks and the front suspension is just as you suspected. It is pretty much just a reskined badger. I am sorry to say that. I wish yamaha would have done more. I have never seen a badger in person, but the axle is just a solid bar that kind of curves toward the back.

The salesperson said, we cannot sell that to you, because we know your son is not old enough. My son is 4 and I was not even thinking about getting him one. I just got him a suzuki lt50 and it is just fine for him. I thought, but hey you sold me the 50 which says it is only for 6 and older. I think they need to stop and think before they talk, this is part of the reason I am not buying my other quad from them.

I know they have rules to go by, but think before you act and your customer may just remain your customer.

Sorry to rant, you will have one bad machine when you are done.

Bat

Old 11-16-2001, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

Hey, Eric here -

Cochise Motorspots here in SV has one on the show room floor - it's cool !

See ya, Eric