Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Thinking of Buying a BigBear 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 01:44 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi i'm thinking of going to my Yamaha dealer this weekend to look and maybe purchase a Bigbear with the promos there having. Now it says $0 down $1 a day which is $30 a month. So that means no matter what i don't have to pay a down payment then and i pick out the Bigbear and they bill me a month later and i have to pay $30 for it a month. Is there a catch this will be my 1st dealer purchase and i wanted to know how it works. Any help would be appreciated thanks a lot.

Old 11-09-2001, 02:02 AM
The Facility

Yeah, there is a BIG catch. After the alotted time, interest goes to 17%. We don't try to promote using Yamaha financing because it's only purpose is to lure the guy in to buy the bike, then to screw you later. The best bet is going through a bank. Going the Yamaha route sounds great for the first nine months and then your payments go through the roof, and because you have to pay interest on the unpaid balance for those first nine months, you aren't really applying any of your payment to the actual principal. You end up paying twice the ammount for the bike for twice as long. Stay away from it.

The new Big bear is nice with the pushbutton 4Wd. No problems on it either. Unlike some other models this year.

Old 11-09-2001, 02:06 AM
Trailblazer

But all in all if i go there and wanna get it then i don't pay nothing i pay 30 a month for a little time and i also get the $300 in accessories as well. Do they do a credit check causei have had my credit card for almost a year now and i don't know how good that will do.

Old 11-09-2001, 02:26 AM
The Facility

Right, you can. What they will do is give you an application. Same as if you were taking out a loan,buying a truck, ya know. They will run a credit check on you. It doesn't take excellent credit but it does take good credit. Yamaha's financing is actually handled through Household Retail Service Incorporated. You could be approved at a loan company for $5000 on a used truck and be turned down for $5000 when buying a fourwheeler. The finance companys look at a truck as a neccessity and a fourwheeler as a want. That's why it is hard for someone with no credit or poor credit to be approved. But now is the best time to apply, they are offering the deals you mentioned and sales are low nationwide on ATVs regaardless what some of the guys on here say. When sales are low, it is easier to get qualified because they sort of turn the qualification factor down a notch. Also, if you are unsure of being approved, and if you can wait, go in the last week of the month and apply. Why? Because like any other business they have to sell. Their job is to sell money, their income is what they make on finance charges. They are always conservative the first three weeks of the month, but are more willing before the month ends to meet their quota.

Old 11-09-2001, 09:55 AM
Trailblazer

My brother looked at quads when they were having a promo like that, and to pay a 1$ a day you have to put a big down payment.

Old 11-09-2001, 10:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Actually you don't have to put anything down if you have good credit. I just purchased two Big Bears and they offered me the 0 down and $30/mth deal. (but I turned it down because of the high APR after the 6-9months). You can also get that bike at 0 down and $79 dollars a month til it's paid off with no pre-payoff penalties.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Big Bear 400 2x4
Green
2000lb Warn Winch

Yamaha Big Bear 400 2x4
Tan
2000lb Warn Winch

Old 11-09-2001, 10:31 AM
Trailblazer

my brother has good credit it must have just been my dealer

Old 11-09-2001, 10:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

It probably was your dealer. When I first started looking for a Big Bear I noticed the dealers were all different depending on which region you were in. Even the prices were a lot different.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Big Bear 400 2x4
Green
2000lb Warn Winch

Yamaha Big Bear 400 2x4
Tan
2000lb Warn Winch

Old 11-09-2001, 07:24 PM
Trailblazer

You can't go wrong with Buying the Big Bear. Point Blank! I just bought one last month and I got it with the Yamaha Card. My dealer said the payments would be $92 a month for, get this, 7 1/2 YEARS!. Ouch! That hurts. Could you imagine what interest you are going to pay? I am paying mine off in 2 yrs. I already made one payment of $500. I could be sooner than 2 yrs. My dealer said that if you pay it off in two yrs. you won't get socked w/interest (high interest).

I have no complaints about the Big Bear. Its incredible for the price. You get on command 2/4WD, suspension adjustment, flawless 4WD, very handy tripmeter, 12V output, warranty, and thats just the beginning. AND ITS A 400! I looked at the Kodiaks and figured why pay more for the same price. I know the Kodiak offers more but I ddin't need what it offered.

I have 171 miles on mine and no problems yet, just ready to take it down for service sometime toward the end of the month.

My suggestion toward the Yamaha Card is
a. If you get it, PAY IT OFF WITHIN 2 YRS.
b. Get it as your last resort.
c. Make sure you read FINE PRINT
d. Be prepared to pay through the roof
e. DO NOT MAKE A DOWN PAYMENT ON IT. NOT FOR A REASON AT ALL!
f. HAVE FUN!

NOW STOP READING AND GO GET THAT BEAR!
& Join
TEAM YAMAHA

......................FEAR THE BEAR

Old 11-10-2001, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

Well i went to my dealer this afternoon i tried getting it with my credit i have 705 as my beacan or something but i don't own a car or a house or anything just one credit card and that wasn't enough. So my mom is co-signing and i have to bring her the papers in the morning to sign. Then i get the bear and that winch deal for 69.95. So tomorrow by lunch time I should have it. Thanks for the help you supplied me with enough info i'll post you on how it performs. Thanks

Quick Reply: Thinking of Buying a BigBear 4x4